• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben McAdoo New OC

NJPanthers12

Some interesting thoughts from the Cowboys board:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/panthers-hire-ben-mcadoo-as-oc.492719/page-2

He seems to have been the primary candidate to replace Kellen Moore as their OC if Moore gets a HC job, so either that wasn't really the case, McAdoo didn't want to risk waiting and losing an offer in hand from Carolina, or Dallas is confident Moore is sticking around.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I mean, I get it; there's probably nothing short of firing Matt Rhule that will excite the fan base at the moment, but this doesn't mean McAdoo is automatically a bad hire. He's had some results as as an OC. I'm more interested in his philosophy (queue @Mr. Scot)!

Somebody did give evidence that he wasn't a fan of Sammy before Sammy became Sammy, so that speaks to some competence in QB evaluation (just to make you feel better).

You think we’ve gotten a fair eval of Sam with the O Line we have? He’s lucky he’s not dead 

Just now, philw5289 said:

At least he has experience benching franchise qbs that shouldn’t be benched. He’ll fit right in 

The interview question from Rhule that sealed the deal for this hire:

Matt - What were your thoughts on us benching Cam Newton for Sam Darnold late in the year?

Ben - Genius.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

40 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

According to rappaport.

this franchise is a dumpster fire. Thanks Dave.

Well, what can we do about it?  Maybe this will work out.  Maybe it will not.  All I can say is; Tepper you made your bed now you have to lay in it.  I'm just not looking forward to next year.

1 minute ago, ColaPanther said:

You think we’ve gotten a fair eval of Sam with the O Line we have? He’s lucky he’s not dead 

There are some fairly consistent issues that Sam has even when we were going 3-0. He tends to hang on to the ball and gets mixed up fairly easily by pre-snap disguises by the defense.

He's got an NFL arm and athletic ability but in regards to being a leader, having football smarts, and soft mentality he's lacking. Those aren't things that can be fixed overnight.

• Pie 1

Welcome aboard McAdoodoo. I think we can actually win the number one this season.  This guy shat on Sam so it's very possible he fed Rhule how to do QB another way. I'm still laughing, these people are fun in all the wrong ways.  

Edited by Waldo
  • Beer 2