• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben McAdoo New OC

NJPanthers12

24 minutes ago, ColaPanther said:

You think we’ve gotten a fair eval of Sam with the O Line we have? He’s lucky he’s not dead 

At some point, you have to figure that a QB is not a starting QB in the NFL. Darnold has had four years to get it together. Even more, franchise QBs, which are coveted even more, come into the league and give evidence that they are franchise QBs notwithstanding bad O-lines and other suboptimal conditions. I would genuinely give your suggestion more credence if it hadn't been Sam's fourth year in the league of doing the same things, some of which he did in college. I'm fairly certain that I remember a stat which indicated that he was at the bottom of NFL ratings even when he had a clean pocket. In my opinion, it's time to move on from the thought that he's anything more than a questionable backup.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah we'll probably have to send someone a 2023 draft pick and Darnold for them to cover half his guaranteed $, basically sell a draft pick for the favor. Thats like 4 draft picks total for a failed Darnold experiment?

I don’t know why everyone says we lost a 2nd a 4th. We gained those picks back last year. Do we not have them this year no but we got them extra last year. We just have his sucky ass contract.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I don’t know why everyone says we lost a 2nd a 4th. We gained those picks back last year. Do we not have them this year no but we got them extra last year. We just have his sucky ass contract.

I guess that's a stretch perspective. You never really gain picks back when you deal them because you're losing out on the opportunity to stand pat and make picks at your current higher position. Can you do well dealing picks? Sure! But that doesn't mean you wouldn't have done even better staying where you are or keeping a player that you have.

The Darnold deal was a bad one.

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 1