• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Being completely objective here, McAdoo was the best available Candidate for the Job

Ricky Spanish

From 2006-2013 he was either the TE or QB coach for GB.  I realize he didn't call plays and they had a pretty good QB but their PPG ranking those years were, 23,4,11,3,9,2,6,7.  At least he has been around good offenses.  I'm trying to be positive here.

His first two years as an OC, in 2014 and 2015 their rankings were 11 and 13.

Granted he struggled as a HC but for the most part he has always been on staff for some really good offenses.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I have no idea what this picture is depicting because there are no years and the only person on this list that McAdoo coached was Beckham.

Yeah I wasn't sure but I think you're right.. He was gone before Shepard and Barkley as well.. He was fired 2017..

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

All those reports are always sus, everyone wanted earlier Russy Wilson and Tom Brady after success...

\I hope this is right tho, any positive news is welcomed...

I also heard Sean Payton wanted Mahomes too, what a nightmare that would have been...

I know it’s BR but check the date. It’s before Mahomes blew up.

18 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Breh, using my post form the main thread

Lets take a look at his recent history

NY Giants OC 2014-2015
NY Giants HC 2016-2017
Out of work until 2020
2020 QB coach for Jacksonville
Out of work again

Then his friend gave him a consultant job for the blowboys.

Career was nearly over, for sure on the downwards side and it was a messy end in NY.

Thats why I wanted Tim Kelly, at least he was young.....

Could have been worse and out of the 8 handpicked choices, Ben was in my top 3..........gods help us..

Now to the OL coach, whom I think is just as important.

Thats why I wanted Tim kelly, Rhule gave me some of the poorest OCs choices, still that above is best?!?!?! 

Keep pounding!

Giants Offense Rankings:

-2013: 28th in Points and Yards (before McAdoo)

-2014: 13th in Points and 10th in Yards (McAdoo)

-2015: 6th in Points and 8th in Yards (McAdoo)

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

Giants Offense Rankings:

-2013: 28th in Points and Yards (before McAdoo)

-2014: 13th in Points and 10th in Yards (McAdoo)

-2015: 6th in Points and 8th in Yards (McAdoo)

I think the final year of OC he lost starting left tackle Will Beatty, starting wide receiver Victor Cruz, and starting tight end Larry Donnell for most of the season due to injury. via wiki-fu

Still ended up 8th in points, great job....in 2015 which feels like 100 years ago right now...

Just now, MHS831 said:

He has seen 3 pretty good offenses as a coach/coordinator--player personnel decisions moving forward will be key--wonder how he likes Darnold?

Theres a link around here some were on his comments about Sam Darnold, I got it- https://nypost.com/2018/07/13/ben-mcadoo-doesnt-like-the-way-sam-darnold-throws-the-football/

Most are going nuts over it, but I read it not in bad way- that Darnold needs some work but has great tools....which is the same opinion I have now....

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Basbear said:

All those reports are always sus, everyone wanted earlier Russy Wilson and Tom Brady after success...

\I hope this is right tho, any positive news is welcomed...

I also heard Sean Payton wanted Mahomes too, what a nightmare that would have been...

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2706450-patrick-mahomes-reportedly-was-giants-draft-target-before-chiefs-traded-up.amp.html

might help if I attach the links…

But he liked him predraft in 2017

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I think the final year of OC he lost starting left tackle Will Beatty, starting wide receiver Victor Cruz, and starting tight end Larry Donnell for most of the season due to injury. via wiki-fu

Still ended up 8th in points, great job....in 2015 which feels like 100 years ago right now...

Context, the Panthers scored 500 points in 2015.  With Mike Shula as our OC.

Feels like 1000 years ago.

• Beer 1