• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Being completely objective here, McAdoo was the best available Candidate for the Job

Ricky Spanish

12 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

From 2006-2013 he was either the TE or QB coach for GB.  I realize he didn't call plays and they had a pretty good QB but their PPG ranking those years were, 23,4,11,3,9,2,6,7.  At least he has been around good offenses.  I'm trying to be positive here.

His first two years as an OC, in 2014 and 2015 their rankings were 11 and 13.

Granted he struggled as a HC but for the most part he has always been on staff for some really good offenses.

Giants were (i think) ranked 28 * before Ben took over, so that is one huge leap forward. Like you Im trying to find the pros, the cons are plenty tho... let all the whiners do that...

Rhule says he wants an OC with NFL play calling experience.  He is widely criticized for the lack of NFL experience and nepotism involved in picking his staff. 

Here is a sentence from David Newton's press release to SI.  See if you can spot the "SMH" phrase in this statement:

"Rhule talked to eight or nine candidates, some from the college ranks, before settling on McAdoo."

Edited by MHS831

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Giants were (i think) ranked 28 * before Ben took over, so that is one huge leap forward. Like you Im trying to find the pros, the cons are plenty tho... let all the whiners do that...

Same.

Fact is his resume was as good or better than most guys we could have chose from.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Rhule says he wants an OC with NFL play calling experience.  He is widely criticized for the lack of NFL experience and nepotism involved in picking his staff. 

Here is a sentence from David Newton's press release to SI.  See if you can spot the "SMH" phrase in this statement:

"Rhule talked to eight or nine candidates, some from the college ranks, before settling on McAdoo."

Im firmly in the belief one David Newton has been trolling panthers fans for nearly 2 years. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

I understand you're trying to polish a turd but it's still a turd. 

Yes of all the two people who would actually join a lame duck situation we got the best one of those whippeeee

Its the Panthers remember if McAdoo had any hope anywhere else that's where he'd been have been. Went from consultant to OC ofc someone would take that. We only have people who were banished to the shadow realms as candidates...Gruden lol.

1 minute ago, FugginPoo said:

Is he in good terms with Aaron Rodgers?

Used to be in good terms at least.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Why would this be any different than any other topic?  This is the Huddle, remember? 

Let's not get delusional with our expectations.

You're right..

But it was getting to the point where ppl are posting stats of teams he didn't even coach..lol

I thought I could help..

• Pie 2

Of the candidates we had, I probably would have taken Gruden.

McAdoo had the most connections of anyone though. He's previously worked with Sean Ryan, Tony Sparano Jr and Kevin Gilbride, plus there's the Tom Coughlin connection.

How good will he be? Honestly not real sure right now. I do know working with Eli Manning is a little different than working with our quarterback room.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

So he liked Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes, I wonder how he feels about this class? I’m not too concerned about him as an OC, Rhule has too much roster control to even tell if he is going to be good or not. He wouldn’t active Brown (when he was healthy) and let his terrible vets play Guard/Center instead all year.