• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Being completely objective here, McAdoo was the best available Candidate for the Job

Ricky Spanish

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Of the candidates we had, I probably would have taken Gruden.

McAdoo had the most connections of anyone though. He's previously worked with Sean Ryan, Tony Sparano Jr and Kevin Gilbride, plus there's the Tom Coughlin connection.

How good will he be? Honestly not real sure right now. I do know working with Eli Manning is a little different than working with our quarterback room.

Everyone seems to be focused on his time at the Giants but he spent a good bit of time with the Packers.

From what I can tell he was on the Packers staff from 2006 to 2013.  

He definitely has "NFL" experience and has been around some very successful organizations. 

All of that might not mean anything in the long run but at least he is the opposite of what we had.  

Big question for me is how much latitude he is given with the offensive staff, especially the offensive line.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

No he was definitely overrated and not having experience as a play caller at any level cost us..

No, he failed because our offensive line was constantly blown up not because he wasn't a good OC.

If you can block up plays, they'll work, if not, they won't. It's that simple.

Well they best listen to this guy when it comes to picking a QB:

Ben McAdoo had Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson as the top 2 QBs in 2018. He also wanted the Giants to draft Patrick Mahomes in 2017. I'd be curious to see his opinion on the 2022 QB class.

We also heard he didn't like Darnold and there was another one that escapes me he had as a good QB...maybe this is the method to the madness. Use homie to get a QB.

19 minutes ago, Dory said:

No, he failed because our offensive line was constantly blown up not because he wasn't a good OC.

Coming up with plays and knowing situational football are two different things. Doesn't matter how good the plays are if you use the wrong play at the wrong time...

2 hours ago, Dory said:

We already had the hot name OC in Brady and it failed because our offensive line was constantly blown up not because he wasn't a good OC

OC's are overrated, if you can block up plays, they'll work, if not, they won't. It's that simple.

It is obviously true the OL and QB didn’t help Brady but his ego (which wasn’t deserved at all) is why he was canned.  That plus he didn’t know situational football in this league 

44 minutes ago, Dory said:

That's one reason .. But he also failed because he had no audible to that situation or could game plan past that situation..

Joe Burrow got sacked and pressure way more this year.. And Zac Taylor still game planned beyond having a bad Oline and made half time adjustments. Which gave him a competent offense. Something Brady hasn't done yet.. Ppl need to stop making excuses for Brady.. He was inexperienced and was never a play caller at any level of football.. And He failed trying to do it at the top level of football...

We need to accept the fact we got fooled by the media about a coach who wasn't ready and a OC who wasn't nearly ready to run a NFL team...

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The report that McAdoo wanted Mahomes in 2017 and the Giants front office said no is kinda believable. 

Ben the OC needs to be separated from Ben the HC. If he brings Pat Flarhety with him as a line coach I’ll have a little more faith in the staff next year. 

Ben was the OC play caller the majority of the time he was the HC in NY.    And his teams really stunk on O once the league got accustomed to Beckham Jr.   

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Giants Offense Rankings:

-2013: 28th in Points and Yards (before McAdoo)

-2014: 13th in Points and 10th in Yards (McAdoo)

-2015: 6th in Points and 8th in Yards (McAdoo)

2016 - 26th in points 

2017 - 31st in points 

his teams got worse.  He was the play caller on those horrible ones too.   And his teams always sucked at running the ball…..which goes against the Rhule narrative that he is the key to a physical running team emerging. 

his teams lobbed it for Odell and that got figured out.  Then he got fired. 

1 hour ago, Fox007 said:

Well they best listen to this guy when it comes to picking a QB:

Ben McAdoo had Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson as the top 2 QBs in 2018. He also wanted the Giants to draft Patrick Mahomes in 2017. I'd be curious to see his opinion on the 2022 QB class.

We also heard he didn't like Darnold and there was another one that escapes me he had as a good QB...maybe this is the method to the madness. Use homie to get a QB.

It was Rosen that he liked too. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

2016 - 26th in points 

2017 - 31st in points 

his teams got worse.  He was the play caller on those horrible ones too.   And his teams always sucked at running the ball…..which goes against the Rhule narrative that he is the key to a physical running team emerging. 

his teams lobbed it for Odell and that got figured out.  Then he got fired. 

But we’re gonna ignore 11-5 and playoffs on 2016?

The giants defense couldn’t stop anyone when he was a head coach and the revolving door of coaches that game afterwards showed that maybe there might be something to the giants themselves and not McAdoo.