• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Being completely objective here, McAdoo was the best available Candidate for the Job

Ricky Spanish

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Rosen had the ability but mentally checked out.

I don’t really care. the fact he wanted Mahomes and Lamar is good. Maybe he can sway this staff to get a good qb at the very least. 

All I really care about now is getting a franchise qb within the next 3 years. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

I don’t really care. the fact he wanted Mahomes and Lamar is good. Maybe he can sway this staff to get a good qb at the very least. 

All I really care about now is getting a franchise qb within the next 3 years. 

My point in that is he has the eye for talent especially at the qb position.

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

2016 - 26th in points 

2017 - 31st in points 

his teams got worse.  He was the play caller on those horrible ones too.   And his teams always sucked at running the ball…..which goes against the Rhule narrative that he is the key to a physical running team emerging. 

his teams lobbed it for Odell and that got figured out.  Then he got fired. 

Mcadoo did suck playcalling as HC but it had nothing to do with OBJ.  OBJ was not figured out in 2016. He was highly productive.  The offense wasn't great by any means, and I wonder if some of that was leaning on the D so much... Their rushing O was terrible 2016, but passing was still good. OBJ was injured in 2017, so...

McAdoo was in over his head with both playcalling and HC.  As just OC he seemed good, but he had excellent QB and Wr play.

• Flames 1

I am seriously very happy with this hire as I look at things.  A lot of people look at this guy as joke but he has solid experience in this league.  I look forward to seeing the outcome especially if we get an OL.  Getting a QB for the future might be too much to ask this offseason but we’ll see

No one will give him credit but this is a really good move for Matt Rhule.  He isn’t done here by any stretch 

Rhule mentioned that every coach learns from good moves and bad moves in this league.  Telling comments from a guy that is plugged in and building something special 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

7 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Mcadoo did suck playcalling as HC but it had nothing to do with OBJ.  OBJ was not figured out in 2016. He was highly productive.  The offense wasn't great by any means, and I wonder if some of that was leaning on the D so much... Their rushing O was terrible 2016, but passing was still good. OBJ was injured in 2017, so...

McAdoo was in over his head with both playcalling and HC.  As just OC he seemed good, but he had excellent QB and Wr play.

Well, Beckham also had the most targets in his career in 2016.  To go along with his worst catch %.    

And the offense stunk.   OBJ did have production though.   I mean you can over feed a player and while they might still have individual numbers….it’s not actually good offense.    A variation of is over feeding CMC.  And it makes CMC a good fantasy player but our offense isn’t actually good.  To me, that is what the Giants became. 

15 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Not to mention Eli started on the downside of his career and wasn't the same player..

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I am seriously very happy with this hire as I look at things.  A lot of people look at this guy as joke but he has solid experience in this league.  I look forward to seeing the outcome especially if we get an OL.  Getting a QB for the future might be too much to ask this offseason but we’ll see

No one will give him credit but this is a really good move for Matt Rhule.  He isn’t done here by any stretch 

Rhule mentioned that every coach learns from good moves and bad moves in this league.  Telling comments from a guy that is plugged in and building something special 

Something special? LOL

He’s made enough bad moves to get a doctorate from MIT. Plenty to learn from with that collection of incompetent decisions. I wondered how long reality would last before the echo chamber started its rebuild. 

7 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Something special? LOL

He’s made enough bad moves to get a doctorate from MIT. Plenty to learn from with that collection of incompetent decisions. I wondered how long reality would last before the echo chamber started its rebuild. 

I disagree…Rhule has built a good defense and is trying to build the offense. Time is all that is required.  I am a Matt Rhule fan personally.  Missing on Darnold sucks but if you look at the options none of them worked out.  Don’t say Stafford cuz he was an option that passed on us understandably 

Edited by Shocker

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

I disagree…Rhule has built a good defense and is trying to build the offense. Time is all that is required.  I am a Matt Rhule fan personally 

He’s built an average defense that’s losing Reddick, Jackson, Gilmore, Jones and still needs a MLB and a FS. And very little cap to do anything with. Or draft picks. Combined with needing 3 OL and most of all a QB, how long before any of this shows progress. Just because you bought the snake oil, doesn’t mean he’s going to magically figure the NFL out. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

You're right..

But it was getting to the point where ppl are posting stats of teams he didn't even coach..lol

I thought I could help..

Hey, if you don't have anything to back up your position, you either make it up or you post something completely unrelated.  Huddle rules, I think.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1