• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Being completely objective here, McAdoo was the best available Candidate for the Job

Ricky Spanish

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I’m just going to let that stand on its own. 

Well, except one a the DPOY(or will be) and the other just had the same season he had the year before and had to sign with his college coach for 6M. Keep digging. That was great. How drunk are you? 

Pretty sauced.  But still…I think the Panthers are pointing up.  But then again…I like the unpopular crowd

I don’t agree that Rhule isn’t building something here and I don’t agree with jumping ship in 2 years with any coach.

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I think you are forgetting Rhule is still the HC and his college boys are all still going to be position coaches. McAdoo may have been good under true blood NFL coaches. We don’t have that. 

Nowhere in my post did I say we would actually be good. I forgot none of what you said. 

All I said was it was the best move Rhule could have made. 

We still hard suck bad.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Pretty sauced.  But still…I think the Panthers are pointing up.  But then again…I like the unpopular crowd

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

4 straight losing seasons, 3 consecutive seasons with 5 wins, 1 draft pick in the top 100 and limited cap space to address GLARING holes at OT, OGx2, C, FS, MLB, DT, and most importantly QB, a Coach that has been outcoached damn near every game of his career in the NFL, and a RB with the largest contract at his position in NFL history that can't stay healthy...

And we are pointing... Up?

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I mean... Yeah. No arguments here. 

Yeah, sorry looking back I liked your OP. The main issue for me is Rhule was supposed to "build a program/culture like the Steelers have had for 30 years" or whatever. Now he's just doing some more gambling hoping to hit on some kinda situation he can take credit for

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I don’t agree that Rhule isn’t building something here and I don’t agree with jumping ship in 2 years with any coach.

Historically speaking, if a coach isn't showing progress in year two as a head coach in terms of wins and loses it is best to cut bait and start over. 

If wins increase from year 1 to year 2, but the team still misses the playoffs then by all means, dude deserves a year 3. But if a coach actually loses MORE from year 1 to year 2, they generally suck and it's not going to get better in year 3. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Historically speaking, if a coach isn't showing progress in year two as a head coach in terms of wins and loses it is best to cut bait and start over. 

If wins increase from year 1 to year 2, but the team still misses the playoffs then by all means, dude deserves a year 3. But if a coach actually loses MORE from year 1 to year 2, they generally suck and it's not going to get better in year 3. 

Naw…after year 3 lets talk.  Do I expect to be disappointed…probably 

Have to give him 3 years…it really isn’t that long to turn around a franchise 

Edited by Shocker

6 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Naw…after year 3 lets talk.  Do I expect to be disappointed…probably 

Have to give him 3 years…it really isn’t that long to turn around a franchise 

I have done the deep dive, I can start a thread and show the evidence if need be. 

Since the year 2000, if a coach misses the playoffs in the first two years and does not improve their record from year one to year two, they do not become a successful coach. 

Two years is plenty of time to assess if a coach has what it takes to make it in the league as a HC. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I have done the deep dive, I can start a thread and show the evidence if need be. 

Since the year 2000, if a coach misses the playoffs in the first two years and does not improve their record from year one to year two, they do not become a successful coach. 

Two years is plenty of time to assess if a coach has what it takes to make it in the league as a HC. 

Seems like a short evaluation…which I am sure you are used to.  🤔

I am giving Rhule another year.  Maybe 2 if things improve on offense.  Otherwise we are starting from scratch and there is no way of knowing if the next guy is any better 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Sounds interesting to me.  I'd like to see that.

I've always believed in giving a coach 3 years, but there are some pretty bad recent examples that come to mind.  Coaches that did poorly and were not given 3 seasons, where I thought their termination was justified.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Seems like a short evaluation…which I am sure you are used to.  🤔

I am giving Rhule another year.  Maybe 2 if things improve on offense.  Otherwise we are starting from scratch and there is no way of knowing if the next guy is any better 

You are one patient dude. 

Considering the average NFL career is 3 years, you are potentially wasting numerous players entire careers by holding onto a coach after 2 consecutive years of losing. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Sounds interesting to me.  I'd like to see that.

I've always believed in giving a coach 3 years, but there are some pretty bad recent examples that come to mind.  Coaches that did poorly and were not given 3 seasons, where I thought their termination was justified.

I have a week off next week (Taking a week off before I start my new job), I'll start throwing the thread together. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

You are one patient dude. 

Considering the average NFL career is 3 years, you are potentially wasting numerous players entire careers by holding onto a coach after 2 consecutive years of losing. 

Sure…but Matt Rhule is a good coach.  I believe it

I will go down with that.  I can’t stand all the hate for him, he is building something here

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1