• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Being completely objective here, McAdoo was the best available Candidate for the Job

Ricky Spanish

Breh, using my post form the main thread

Lets take a look at his recent history

NY Giants OC 2014-2015
NY Giants HC 2016-2017
Out of work until 2020
2020 QB coach for Jacksonville
Out of work again

Then his friend gave him a consultant job for the blowboys.

Career was nearly over, for sure on the downwards side and it was a messy end in NY.

Thats why I wanted Tim Kelly, at least he was young.....

Could have been worse and out of the 8 handpicked choices, Ben was in my top 3..........gods help us..

Now to the OL coach, whom I think is just as important.

Thats why I wanted Tim kelly, Rhule gave me some of the poorest OCs choices, still that above is best?!?!?! 

Keep pounding!

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

You may be right.  The list of coordinators who were good to exceptional, but could stunk in the head coaching job is not small. 

Now add something that is a rarity for us right now: he has actual NFL coaching experience. 

Now if we can get someone in the OL coach spot with a little bit of that thing called NFL experience, maybe we won't look quite as lost, both on Sundays and when selecting who plays and where on the OL on Sundays.

• Pie 3

We already had the hot name OC in Brady and it failed because our offensive line was constantly blown up not because he wasn't a good OC

OC's are overrated, if you can block up plays, they'll work, if not, they won't. It's that simple.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Dory said:

We already had the hot name OC in Brady and it failed because our offensive line was constantly blown up not because he wasn't a good OC

OC's are overrated, if you can block up plays, they'll work, if not, they won't. It's that simple.

No he was definitely overrated and not having experience as a play caller at any level cost us..

13 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Breh, using my post form the main thread

Lets take a look at his recent history

NY Giants OC 2014-2015
NY Giants HC 2016-2017
Out of work until 2020
2020 QB coach for Jacksonville
Out of work again

Then his friend gave him a consultant job for the blowboys.

Career was nearly over, for sure on the downwards side and it was a messy end in NY.

Thats why I wanted Tim Kelly, at least he was young.....

Could have been worse and out of the 8 handpicked choices, Ben was in my top 3..........gods help us..

Now to the OL coach, whom I think is just as important.

Thats why I wanted Tim kelly, Rhule gave me some of the poorest OCs choices, still that above is best?!?!?! 

Keep pounding!

I was on the Kelly train as well but I'm not mad at this..

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

The report that McAdoo wanted Mahomes in 2017 and the Giants front office said no is kinda believable. 

Ben the OC needs to be separated from Ben the HC. If he brings Pat Flarhety with him as a line coach I’ll have a little more faith in the staff next year. 

All those reports are always sus, everyone wanted earlier Russy Wilson and Tom Brady after success...

\I hope this is right tho, any positive news is welcomed...

I also heard Sean Payton wanted Mahomes too, what a nightmare that would have been...