• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What the Observer says about the new OC

ladypanther

Bits and pieces here:

• McAdoo, 44, spent three years out of the NFL following his four-year stint with the New York Giants.
    • Equipped with quarterback Eli Manning and a young Odell Beckham Jr., McAdoo called plays for the Giants offense in 2014 and 2015, leading to two explosive seasons for Beckham Jr. OBJ won Rookie of the Year in 2014, averaging a league-high 108 receiving yards per game.

• McAdoo served as an offensive consultant this season for the league’s No. 1 offense in Dallas. Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy is considered McAdoo’s mentor. He was Aaron Rodgers’ quarterback coach from 2012-13 when McCarthy was the Packers head coach.

• Do not expect McAdoo to be tied to any one specific system. Instead, the team believes his diverse background with multiple passing schemes and preferred personnel packages will prove advantageous as McAdoo adapts to the roster.

•  

The Panthers’ offense will be completely rebuilt under McAdoo

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article257465158.html
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 4

1 minute ago, ThPantherFan said:

Let's hope so, for the good of course.

As a OC he had a weak ground game that got the ball to freak talent Odell. 

he still largely called the O when he was a HC.  Opponents figured out his “offense” of going to Odell…..and his offenses stunk.  

• Beer 3

You guys give McAdoo too much poo, he's a great OC. HC on the other hand he's horrible. Given the circumstances this is the best that could have happened. It's not much but at least it won't be Joe brady running the same 3 plays. 

I'm not expecting much out of this, since I believe this is a lame duck year, but eh, at least they have someone that has OC'd before. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

You guys give McAdoo too much poo, he's a great OC. HC on the other hand he's horrible. Given the circumstances this is the best that could have happened. It's not much but at least it won't be Joe brady running the same 3 plays. 

I'm not expecting much out of this, since I believe this is a lame duck year, but eh, at least they have someone that has OC'd before. 

I'm at the very least expecting better play calling and adaptation to talent than what we had with Brady. I really liked some of Joe's design concepts (especially on passing plays), but he has a lot to learn when it comes to calling a game.

I'm also expecting a season similar to Rhule's first where we kept games close but couldn't win them in the end. That's going to likely frustrate me even more than the L's the team will take.