• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS: Rhule keeping close eye on Michigan job, wanted Penn State

Kraybrothers

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Makes sense.

Personally I wouldn't mind Flores at all, and definitely prefer him over Rhule. 

If Flores came here, we would need to add a true FS to the backend of the defense. Chinn would be an absolute terror to offenses at SS with Flores. Replace Carter with a thumper. Add depth up front. Re-sign Gilmore, and the defense under him would truly be top 3 in the league. 

Just know that if it were to happen, the Watson rumors become more intense than ever. You would be combining a coach and owner that were both willing to pull the trigger before suits are settled.

10 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Michigan doesn't want Rhule...who in the world would even think that?

Rhule may be interested in Michigan as he was apparently with Penn St. and LSU, but neither of those schools would have really wanted him either.

Yea I feel like this dude's gonna have to go back to Temple at this point.  If he was sought after, he would have gotten good job offers this past round.

• Beer 2

8 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Rhule may be interested in Michigan as he was apparently with Penn St. and LSU, but neither of those schools would have really wanted him either.

Yeah I really don't see anyone wanting to be involved with him, especially with the new college NIL endorsment deals and the transfer portal stuff. He's not exactly the guy that's gonna attract the big names to your big school. I don't see him taking a pay cut for another college rebuild when he can just stay here until Tepper's patience runs out

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I know right? What’s there to “rebuild” in Michigan? They were just in the playoffs. 

• Beer 2

59 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Honestly, this is what I think too. Powerhouse programs are probably not going to be interested in him right now. He's just been THAT big of a trainwreck here. He's probably going to end up at a Baylor level job again and reprove himself at the college level at a mid-level P5 school. 

• Beer 1