• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today's Games

Catsfan69

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Watching the games today, it seems that a lot of offensive lines suck.  

OL play has been largely terrible for a decade or more. It just seems like there aren't as many talented OL anymore and the more open, spread type formations leave the OL more exposed. I get it, playing OL isn't sexy. If you're a jumbo athlete the marquee roles are on defense. But... if you play good they pay good. If I had a family member who was a jumbo athlete I'd be recommending they strongly consider playing OL.

11 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I live on top of a mountain on the wasatch front. 9ft snow, trenches to my front door. I don’t even use the heat if it’s above 25.

Con to getting use to this is if it’s above 50 I’m sweating like hell and when I go back to the Carolina’s I’m literally suffocating 

Mountains might be worse because of the wind. I lived in Boone for 6 years and the wind would literally move you just walking down the street. Doesn’t get like that here but I’ve been outside in -30 and it’s fuged.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Watching the games today, it seems that a lot of offensive lines suck.  

Aside from the bengals, you’re watching the top olines in the league…tho hard to tell because you’re, to a much larger extent, also watching the top ds in the league

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I live on top of a mountain on the wasatch front. 9ft snow, trenches to my front door. I don’t even use the heat if it’s above 25.

Con to getting use to this is if it’s above 50 I’m sweating like hell and when I go back to the Carolina’s I’m literally suffocating 

I'm not in that wild of a winter wonderland but I've gotten used to winter here (spent the first 34 years of my life in the south). I won't even wear my heavy coat unless it's under 20. You definitely get acclimated to it. And yes, summer here is brutal now lol. I'd die if I had to go back south.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

OL play has been largely terrible for a decade or more. It just seems like there aren't as many talented OL anymore and the more open, spread type formations leave the OL more exposed. I get it, playing OL isn't sexy. If you're a jumbo athlete the marquee roles are on defense. But... if you play good they pay good. If I had a family member who was a jumbo athlete I'd be recommending they strongly consider playing OL.

It’s because the pass rushers prototype have changed as well. You know have guys who are faster than running backs playing defensive end and outside linebacker. 

we are in a pass happy league where speed wins

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Idk o-line is probably the worst position to play. High probability of CTE. Heavily overweight body, likely destroyed knees and hips, etc. 

The game will eventually change to more finesse and average build athletes I think.