• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sunday Playoff Games

Zod

9 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

To be fair, Josh Allen was raw and looked like he could be a bust his first two seasons.  He transformed into a top tier QB his 3rd season.

Allen’s career trajectory is frankly unbelievable to me. He really did look terrible his first couple years and just all of a sudden flipped a switch and is the clear 2nd best QB in the game. Crazy

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, t96 said:

100% but he did enough along with that D to beat the Chiefs led by Mahomes. Can Brady hang with Mahomes/Allen when they’re putting up 30-40+ points like this? No of course not but these guys aren’t gonna put up these efforts every single game. As we saw from the SB last year

This game was so good it's almost unrealistic to imagine it happening again. It'll require a film session to determine if the D's just kinda reverted to a college ball shootout. I'd have blitzed and fouled all over the place personally if I were the Bills in the last 15 seconds and OT

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, emhoward said:

Yes as much as I hate prevent D, theres a reason teams do it... Plus only the times that prevent D fails to work do people highlight them. The times that it works people are quiet.

That said theres a happy medium. 

I was shocked they didn't jam/man up Kelce and Hill on at least that last pass play and leave the rest in zone. Like where the hell else did they think the ball was going to go?

9 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I was shocked they didn't jam/man up Kelce and Hill on at least that last pass play and leave the rest in zone. Like where the hell else did they think the ball was going to go?

They needed to make 1 more play and they win.  Hindsight second guessing it now is irrelevant 

Butker did have to nail a 50 yarder when he had missed 2 kicks to tie it.  KC made the plays to win.  Tip the hat to them

Edited by Shocker

7 minutes ago, Shocker said:

They needed to make 1 more play and they win.  Hindsight second guessing it now is irrelevant 

Butker did have to nail a 50 yarder when he had missed 2 kicks to tie it.  KC made the plays to win.  Tip the hat to them

It's not hindsight though. Ignoring them not squibbing, Hill and Kelce are the go-tos and KC could use the middle of the field. Rush 3, jam those 2, and play inside-leverage zones from there. Buffalo's decisions after the TD were just head-scratching.

You know…if they squib kick it who is to say Hill doesn’t return that for a TD? You are questioning what they did in hindsight which like I said is irrelevant 

If you have a team on the 25 with 13 secs left you are in a really good spot usually 

Edited by Shocker

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

As a post script, every time I hear the announcers talking about how great Harrison Butker is, I feel like banging my head against a wall.

Following that up with watching him make a game saving kick doesn't make it any better 😣

He made the kick, but also missed one he should have made, plus an xp.  Wasn't exactly a great game for him.

12 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Where did they go? Like 7th and 9th in their drafts? Don't see any similar this year but that's good evaluation/draft falling your way

Mahomes went 10th, behind Trubisky (at 2), but before Watson (12) whom I'd argue is right up there with those two (or at least was).  

Allen went 9th, behind Mayfield (1) and Darnold (3) – woof – but before Rosen (12) and LJax (32). What a minefield of a draft, lol. 

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

To be fair, Josh Allen was raw and looked like he could be a bust his first two seasons.  He transformed into a top tier QB his 3rd season.

He was pretty suspect passing (pretty much the same output as Zach Wilson his first year), but he was a rushing force right off the bat – so much so that his QBR was actually pretty close to average. 

Guy basically did a Cam Newton impression – 12 games, 631 yards, 8 TDs, 7.1 YPA – as a rook.

• Pie 1