• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things couldn’t have set up better for Tepper and Rhule

mcsmoak

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

Check Matt Rhule's record against the recently fired head coaches.

It’s about the same. And Taylor’s before this year was worse… so not exactly sure what you’re getting at. Not saying Rhule is the answer, but if your looking for a reason to Keep Rhule, look at Taylor in Cinci. 

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Pittsburgh wont go after another older QB that could retire soon, they arent in that kind of window currently as a franchise. 

Denver is the favorite because Aaron wants to live there as well, and their roster is in a win now windows. They will be the Bucs of 2020 of the AFC.

Indy is possible but Id expect Jimmy G or Russ to be there before Aaron. 

WFT is going to trade up or trade for JG/RW. 

Miami's owner came out and said they are committing to Tua. So they will no longer be in the trade discussions, but of course this could change with the new HC. Tua was one of the most accurate QBs in the league last year, with one of the worst olines. So there is promise stilll with him, and miami fans still like him.

Yes Pittsburgh is a long shot, but it is Pittsburgh and good things happen for them.

I agree Denver seems like a great fit, that team is talented. He better be ready to compete with Mahomes for the division though. 

Miami does still like Tua and for good reason. Tua has shown growth after a tough year coming off that horrid injury. The Oline in Miami is the absolute worst in the league, and one of the worst if not the worst ever graded. Something like 40 more QB pressures than the next worst this year. They also have no, like zero in the run game while trying to run a lot of RPO stuff. They must not know what the "R" stands for

3 hours ago, mcsmoak said:

The Bucs could potentially lose their OC, DC, and Brady after this year.  
The Saints could potentially lose Sean Payton after this year.

Tepper had 3 years to rebuild the team to take over the division when those things happened, and he straight up blew it due to incompetence.   In fact, by giving Rhule another year, we will likely be a year behind those two teams in our rebuild.  

If Payton leaves the Saints we should immediately fire Rhule and do anything we can to hire Payton. 

• Flames 1

47 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

It’s about the same. And Taylor’s before this year was worse… so not exactly sure what you’re getting at. Not saying Rhule is the answer, but if your looking for a reason to Keep Rhule, look at Taylor in Cinci. 

Taylor won more games each season he has been in Cincy.  That’s progress in the big picture. 

and his win % in the 2nd half of seasons is better than the first half. 

he also drafted a young hopeful franchise QB in year 2. 

Rhule hasn’t done any of the things that ultimately brought Taylor back. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

Taylor won more games each season he has been in Cincy.  That’s progress in the big picture. 

Taylor has like 6 years NFL position coaching experience, his presser yesterday was way better than anything Rhules ever put out. Talked actual x's and o's, took blame for things he should have, showed respect to his veteran guys, admitted they lucked out on Burrow. Just an all around better guy to play for

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

Bingo. Rhule has been two years of bandaid fixes with decent starts before a crash and burn and this year's crash and burn was far more catastrophic than last year's. Last year had me decently hopeful. We fielded a competitive team. This year we didn't and the wheels feel completely off once he booted Brady and put his college buddy up in the booth. We became a complete laughing stock at that point.

2 hours ago, ECHornet said:

How would you describe the Bengals OL performance yesterday? Looked a lot like us up front. 

I did not watch the Bengals game so can't comment accurately.  But I don't think that's a pattern for long term success.  You might shoot with your eyes closed and hit the target once, but that doesn't mean you should adapt that as a strategy.  

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

The whole staff just treated him like a rookie and talked about him like he was a rookie. It was the most insane thing I have ever seen.

Even worse, so many of our fans bought that line of BS. "Oh he's only * years old! He's basically a rookie!"

Uh.....watch tape. He sucked and still does. This isn't new. Yet all these people didn't do that.

I said before the season that Darnold was worth a shot with better coaching and Oline. Little did I know then that the Panthers were going to be as bad as they are and that Rhule just isn't an NFL coach. I was wrong about Darnold, and the Panthers would have been better off keeping the picks.

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

I said before the season that Darnold was worth a shot with better coaching and Oline. Little did I know then that the Panthers were going to be as bad as they are and that Rhule just isn't an NFL coach. I was wrong about Darnold, and the Panthers would have been better off keeping the picks.

Yeah. I think even with being set up for success, Darnold was likely to fail. He just isn't the guy.

It seemed apparent to me even beforehand.

• Beer 1