• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things couldn’t have set up better for Tepper and Rhule

mcsmoak

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Rhule is just a flat out damn liar.

Well, that’s been crystal clear since the day he announced his “excitement to coach Cam Newton” right after he was hired.

The dude is a congenital liar. The thing is, he’s also a narcissist, so he doesn’t even realize it.

5 hours ago, BrianS said:

Anyone who still believes a QB requires an excellent OLine to succeed needs to go watch the Bengals play.  Burrow was absolutely under siege all day, heck all season.  Dude is a baller.

I was a Burrow doubter, looked like a one season wonder.  I was wrong.  Something obviously just "clicked" for him that last year in college.

I mean yea you can also say the Colts, Seahawks and Giants made the SB with a poo oline over the past 20 years…

the other 37 teams? Had a top oline.

Its great to see exceptions to the rule but it doesn’t make a point.

15 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I mean yea you can also say the Colts, Seahawks and Giants made the SB with a poo oline over the past 20 years…

the other 37 teams? Had a top oline.

Its great to see exceptions to the rule but it doesn’t make a point.

Getting to the SB over the past 20 years is not really as good an indicator as we would hope.  The fact is that the last 20 years have been dominated by one player:  Tom Brady.  How different would the league have been if Brady didn't make it?

Even when Brady isn't getting to the dance, there have only been four seasons since 2000 where Brady didn't win at least one game in the playoffs.  How many teams / QB's did Brady knock out that otherwise might have gone on?  It's crazy to think about.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Getting to the SB over the past 20 years is not really as good an indicator as we would hope.  The fact is that the last 20 years have been dominated by one player:  Tom Brady.  How different would the league have been if Brady didn't make it?

Even when Brady isn't getting to the dance, there have only been four seasons since 2000 where Brady didn't win at least one game in the playoffs.  How many teams / QB's did Brady knock out that otherwise might have gone on?  It's crazy to think about.

If not for Brady, then Manning would have more rings and likely considered the GOAT

10 hours ago, Manna said:

I get that Rome wasn’t built in a day. I get that Jay Z took 7 years to become Jay Z. What I don’t get is why keep this head coach around when he’s shown no improvement in the two years he’s been here. If his coaching, culture, and system are 1000% working we SHOULD be able to see it and there would at least be a ray of hope going into year 3. Instead, the only hope we as fans are left with is to look forward to which week next season when he gets fired. 

Teddy (still sucks) but he was right about this coaching staff and I’m glad he spoke out against them. 

Tepper has to be smarter than this. How could he possibly believe the “process” is working after watching his team get blown out in multiple games year two while being in almost every game year one.

13 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Yup said before 2021 off-season we were in a prime spot with retiring qbs to take over the division for the next decade with a legit qb. It’s looking like qb purgatory instead. 

Nothing is wrong with Darnold. Our offensive line, coaching staff, and front office are as putrid as the Jets. It's time for Panthers fans to face facts. Darnold walked into the same exact situation he was in with the Jets.

1. Terrible head coach

2. Terrible GM prior to Fitterer

3. Terrible ownership group

4. Terrible offensive line group

• Poo 1

6 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Nothing is wrong with Darnold. Our offensive line, coaching staff, and front office are as putrid as the Jets. It's time for Panthers fans to face facts. Darnold walked into the same exact situation he was in with the Jets.

1. Terrible head coach

2. Terrible GM prior to Fitterer

3. Terrible ownership group

4. Terrible offensive line group

Yeah this is a stretch.

Edited by Panthercougar68