• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

this fanbase right now:

Cam's New Arm

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You prefer Jerry here?

I'm not the one asking stupid questions when it's abundantly clear what was meant by the first comment.

And pointing out that, to date, Tepper objectively sucks at fostering on-field success does not equate to preferring Richardson.

8 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I'm not the one asking stupid questions when it's abundantly clear what was meant by the first comment.

And pointing out that, to date, Tepper objectively sucks at fostering on-field success does not equate to preferring Richardson.

The question/issue at hand was community/social side of the business….Jerry or Dave in your opinion?

13 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

The question/issue at hand was community/social side of the business….Jerry or Dave in your opinion?

I have no firsthand knowledge and therefore no opinion in this area, but please feel free to share yours. 

Edited by KSpan
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

How about overall….you prefer to have Jerry back? 

With respect to fostering on-field results, which is all I'm speaking to, Richardson was what he was. There was 20+ years of data showing that his vision couldn't even net consecutive winning seasons.

Getting new ownership was an opportunity to change that, for the better or worse. Tepper's on-field outcome has sucked worse, but at least perhaps still has a chance to grow and evolve. Since owners rarely change, that's a sliver more hope than with Jerry.

The short of it is that, of only the two, I guess Tepper. Kind of like asking if someone would prefer to lose a finger or a toe at this point though.

And you?

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Internal work environment & culture for the regular folks?

You mean like telling the women who were here for the Richardson scandal that his office was going to do much better on that front, then turning around and pursuing a quarterback accused of multiple counts of sexual harassment?

That sort of "work environment and culture" thing? 🤔

• Beer 2

18 minutes ago, KSpan said:

With respect to fostering on-field results, which is all I'm speaking to, Richardson was what he was. There was 20+ years of data showing that his vision couldn't even net consecutive winning seasons.

Getting new ownership was an opportunity to change that, for the better or worse. Tepper's on-field outcome has sucked worse, but at least perhaps still has a chance to grow and evolve. Since owners rarely change, that's a sliver more hope than with Jerry.

The short of it is that, of only the two, I guess Tepper. Kind of like asking if someone would prefer to lose a finger or a toe at this point though.

And you?

On the field, I'll take sporadic success over consistent suck assing. We had sporadic success under JR. We've consistently sucked unwashed ass under Tepper.

• The D 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

On the field, I'll take sporadic success over consistent suck assing. We had sporadic success under JR. We've consistently sucked unwashed ass under Tepper.

Richardson never managed back-to-back winning seasons, but in order to have those, you have to start with having a winning season.

Tepper hasn't even brought us that yet.

Edited by Mr. Scot

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

You mean like telling the women who were here for the Richardson scandal that his office was going to do much better on that front, then turning around and pursuing a quarterback accused of multiple counts of sexual harassment?

I've seen nothing to indicate any empowered employee of the Texans has had any discussions with any team about trading away Mr. Whip-It-Out...

...and as such, I don't believe anything being reported as it goes to the Panthers and their purported interest in Mr. W.I.O..

I do believe W.I.O.'s agent is doing his best to conduct some shadow negotiations and when he finds a dude who knows a dude who says "hey man I can get the Panthers to take a look" he then (W.IO.'s agent that is) finds a willing (desperate😁) reporter to run with the narrative...

...I mean think about it, literally 100% of the "deadlines" have been missed, and exactly 0% of the "reports" have proven to be true🤦‍♂️.

All that being said, I agree that if Tepper, Rhule & Co. were to bring Mr. Whip-It-Out in to play for the Panthers it would be a horrendous decision and could literally put the future of the franchise in Charlotte at risk -- it's a really really big deal.

Charlotte fans have proven they will turn their back-on and abandon a sports franchise, and bringing in W.I.O. is about the only path I can envision leading to a demise of the Panthers like what took place with the Hornets (meaning the team moves).

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I've seen nothing to indicate any empowered employee of the Texans has had any discussions with any team about trading away Mr. Whip-It-Out...

...and as such, I don't believe anything being reported as it goes to the Panthers and their purported interest in Mr. W.I.O..

I do believe W.I.O.'s agent is doing his best to conduct some shadow negotiations and when he finds a dude who knows a dude who says "hey man I can get the Panthers to take a look" he then (W.IO.'s agent that is) finds a willing (desperate😁) reporter to run with the narrative...

...I mean think about it, literally 100% of the "deadlines" have been missed, and exactly 0% of the "reports" have proven to be true🤦‍♂️.

All that being said, I agree that if Tepper, Rhule & Co. were to bring Mr. Whip-It-Out in to play for the Panthers it would be a horrendous decision and could literally put the future of the franchise in Charlotte at risk -- it's a really really big deal.

Charlotte fans have proven they will turn their back-on and abandon a sports franchise, and bringing in W.I.O. is about the only path I can envision leading to a demise of the Panthers like what took place with the Hornets (meaning the team moves).

ed-helms-hangover.gif

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Richardson produced 1 winning season in the first 8-years...

...Tepper is 0-3 at this point and it's way too early draw conclusions.

If after 8 seasons his team hasn't matched or beaten Jerry's track record I will be surprised.  

Were you similarly upset during the stretch from '97 > '02 when the Panthers averaged 4.86 wins during a stretch of 7 consecutive seasons without a winning record?

• Poo 1