• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would Andrew Norwell be interested in coming back?

hepcat

Depends on the money. My friend was (is?) best friends with Norwell. They played together at OSU. I should text him and see if they still are in touch. 

I remember when I met with him

and Andrew at slate to get hammered on a Wednesday. Andrew is an animal

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 8
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Andrew Norwell is still a very good guard and is a free agent this off-season. New OC Ben McAdoo knows him from his season in Jacksonville. 

Norwell would be a plug and play starter at LG. 

If we draft an LT like Cross or Neal I imagine Christensen would be LG. Andrew could play RG. Would just have to find a C and would be a decent line. 

LT: Cross/Neal

LG: Christensen

C : Anyone not on this roster

RG: Norwell

RT: Moton

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Depends on the money. My friend was (is?) best friends with Norwell. They played together at OSU. I should text him and see if they still are in touch. 

Hell yea! Tell him the Panthers fans want him back! Haha

1 hour ago, Cdparr7 said:

If we draft an LT like Cross or Neal I imagine Christensen would be LG. Andrew could play RG. Would just have to find a C and would be a decent line. 

LT: Cross/Neal

LG: Christensen

C : Anyone not on this roster

RG: Norwell

RT: Moton

Brown at center. He said he wanted to learn to play the position. Easily top 10 o line.

25 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Brown at center. He said he wanted to learn to play the position. Easily top 10 o line.

Brown is definitely a question mark at this point.  How much of his bench riding was on the coaching staff and how much was on Brown?  Still, players selected on day 3 should be considered developmental, so there is hope that he can play an IOL position.  A lot of it will depend on his conditioning.   OL are not subbed in and out like DL or TEs, so they have to be able to go the distance, as you know.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I do  believe that we will sign a high-end free agent G---I worry that they will go with Elflein at C.  Draft a LT, move BC to G, and that is what they will call "an investment."

I'm almost sure we're looking at C and G in FA. Going LT in draft...or going QB if we get C,G and LT in free agency somehow. 

They may consider moving Elfien to fulltime at center but his availability could collapse our whole plan without a decent backup. I think Elfien is their plan at backup. Same exact scenario with Erving at LT. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I'm almost sure we're looking at C and G in FA. Going LT in draft...or going QB if we get C,G and LT in free agency somehow. 

They may consider moving Elfien to fulltime at center but his availability could collapse our whole plan without a decent backup. I think Elfien is their plan at backup. Same exact scenario with Erving at LT. 

I think Elf can be released and it would save us some $$ (2.3 million)---not sure it would be worth it--same for Erving.  Erving can play every OL position--and is valuable as a backup, I would think

Edited by MHS831

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think Elf can be released and it would save us some $$ (2.3 million)---not sure it would be worth it--same for Erving.  Erving can play every OL position--and is valuable as a backup, I would think

I hope we do not have Erving on the roster. Whether it is injuries or something else, it seemed he seldom finished a game he started. His performance was dreadful this season.

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Hell of a nice guy too.

I met a few Panthers on a USO tour in Germany and he squatted down to my (then) 8 year old sons height and smiled really big for a picture beside him. Really made my day.

• Pie 1