• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go Get Watson

lol the ones who always complain about these threads, and say they hate them, always end up in them and posting in them. 

I doubt Watson would even want to come here, but I’d love it if he was brought in. He’s an excellent QB; a star QB who is still pretty young. It was great seeing Mahomes and Allen go at it until I realized the Panthers are nowhere near this level. We don’t have a player in the same stratosphere as those 2

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Icege said:

No.

Deshaun cannot be deposed before Feb. 22, 2002.

Only a Huddler would think that trading the future for somebody that might not have one is the best way to fix this mess.

And think about what that trade would require.

Not only are you giving up a major portion of the resources that could be used to build around him; you're also giving up your next three years worth of shots to get a different franchise quarterback if, for whatever reason, Watson doesn't work out.

That's way too big a gamble to take on somebody who's got the kinds of issues Watson has.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

lol the ones who always complain about these threads, and say they hate them, always end up in them and posting in them. 

I doubt Watson would even want to come here, but I’d love it if he was brought in. He’s an excellent QB; a star QB who is still pretty young. It was great seeing Mahomes and Allen go at it until I realized the Panthers are nowhere near this level. We don’t have a player in the same stratosphere as those 2

The only thing that makes me feel like we have a chance is Miami is out of the running. He wouldn’t waive his no trade clause here because that gives Houston leverage to pick between the two. He preferred Miami. Houston probably would’ve taken our deal to get him out of the AFC. There were reports we had the better offer.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And think about what that trade would require.

Not only are you giving up a major portion of the resources that could be used to build around him; you're also giving up your next three years worth of shots to get a different franchise quarterback if, for whatever reason, Watson doesn't work out.

That's way too big a gamble to take on somebody who's got the kinds of issues Watson has.

When that's compounded with what the team already gave up trying to appease Tepper by tying up $19M in a guy that the team gave away a 2nd, 4th, and a 6th for... oof. That's a hefty price tag to keep swinging.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

The only thing that makes me feel like we have a chance is Miami is out of the running. He wouldn’t waive his no trade clause here because that gives Houston leverage to pick between the two. He preferred Miami. Houston probably would’ve taken our deal to get him out of the AFC. There were reports we had the better offer.

Pretty common belief at this point is that he'll change his preferred target to whatever team hires Brian Flores.

Obviously that's not going to be us.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty common belief at this point is that he'll change his preferred target to whatever team hired Brian Flores.

Obviously that's not going to be us.

Could be. Another team could emerged. If I’m Watson I wouldn’t pick here but don’t know what kind of options he has left. If if the team Flores gets hired to even wants watson. If he isn’t traded again this off-season I’m out. Just keep trying to get the guy through the draft and there’s a big chance we won’t have a playoff caliber team for another 5-10 years if not more. These types of qbs are super rare. And if we wanna win championships we’re gonna need a qb that can go toe to toe with Mahomes, Allen or burrow (eventually).

32 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

It is funny and then immediately sad to see Alternate Universe Panthers have so much success.

1 minute ago, weyco2000 said:

Seriously, if that’s the case, explain why the Texans won only 4 games last year? 

I already did. They had the worst defense in the league. Watson kept them in games only losing by 8 points or less except for 4 games. They only got blown out once. He is a total freak show putting up over 5k total yards and 35 tds and he’s not even hit his prime. We however don’t have the worst defense in the league with a very strong core of young talented pieces that plays well with a lead. 

• Flames 1

24 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I already did. They had the worst defense in the league. Watson kept them in games only losing by 8 points or less except for 4 games. They only got blown out once. He is a total freak show putting up over 5k total yards and 35 tds and he’s not even hit his prime. We however don’t have the worst defense in the league with a very strong core of young talented pieces that plays well with a lead. 

Our defense isn't really that good.

Throw in that we'd likely have to give up one or more of our better defensive players as part of the trade.

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rhule has final say on everything in the organization. And unless we hear otherwise, there's no indication from anyone that this has changed or will change next season.

That means there's nothing to stop him from using current and future picks or current players to do whatever he thinks it takes to save his own ass.

I’ve been repeating this for weeks now, but still there are some that believe the 2022 season will be a “year in a vacuum” where Matt Rhule will not be allowed to have any influence, power, or control over pthe running of the team.

How they’ve convinced themselves of this I have *no* idea, but it’s somehow become a cornerstone of their Carolina Panthers faith. 

• Beer 2

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

We are not a quarterback away from competing.

You’re never as bad or as good as you think. I suspect we are closer than most here think. Fix the Oline and the offense will fix itself. Add a D tackle and linebacker then our defense will be improved.