• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers only threw 177+ yards nine games this season. Mahomes gets 177 in less than 2 mins.

Saca312

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

I dunno I think rules changes are making this style of play (or at least an extreme emphasis on it without a dynamic QB that can carry a team,too) outdated and ultimately unable to win it all minus rare circumstances, like reanimating the corpse of a Manning brother.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer a dynamic QB, but yesterday's heroics were just as much about dynamic play from receivers and defensive breakdowns as well. If Tennessee had a Manning in their prime, they'd have won.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, FugginPoo said:

Where are Willis and Strong expected to fall on draft? I think Fitt has the “let’s find Russell Wilson 2.0” mindset out of necessity right now but we need a day 2 pick which means trade down

I think Willis sneaks into the 1st round. He is tough to pinpoint because I could see a team falling in love with his performance at the Senior Bowl and Combine. He could easily be the 1st QB off the board or the 5th.

Strong is more of a day 2 guy. I'd say probably late 2nd or 3rd.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Just a disclosure, I drove the Lance train in the Huddle last year, but I don't see Lance and Willis as the same guys, though they're both obviously mobile QBs.  Lance seemed to have much more pocket awareness, more natural  mechanics as far as throwing motion and footwork, and he worked in a pro-style offense. Willis is simply more raw. I feel he's probably stronger than Lance, but he's going to probably need more work cleaning up his game. I just can't see drafting him on day one. Drafting him at a later point may be a good investment, but he needs a lot of work.

He wouldnt be my pick day at 6 for sure. If we traded back in the 1st and grabbed a 2nd, I think I'd consider taking him with that 1st considering the oline depth in this draft.

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

I dunno I think rules changes are making this style of play (or at least an extreme emphasis on it without a dynamic QB that can carry a team,too) outdated and ultimately unable to win it all minus rare circumstances, like reanimating the corpse of a Manning brother.

I was making a joke about Matt Rhule's mentality.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Tonight's game proves having a franchise QB matters if you want to win in today's NFL. The Bills #1 ranked defense was absolutely shredded in the last two minutes and allowed the Chiefs to make their comeback.

Interestingly enough, Patrick Mahomes' last two minute performance in the 4th quarter eclipses in yardage over EIGHT games of the Panthers.

The Panthers, in nearly half their games this year, didn't even get past 177+ yards. Something Mahomes was able to do against the #1 defense in the NFL in the last TWO minutes.

Clearly, the Panthers need a QB that's able to perform at the high level we saw from Josh Allen and Mahomes. They're the future of the AFC and their duels will be legendary. The Panthers need to make their mark in the NFC and come up with a franchise-level QB too.

And coaching too, obviously. Reid and Mahomes make the perfect combo for their success. If the Panthers have hopes of competing in today's NFL they need to upgrade coaching too.

Either way, a wake-up call that the Panthers better hurry up and get their QB rather than keep throwing away at mercenaries and hope for mediocrity.

No it doesn't, he has a highly invested offensive line and weapons.

JOE BURROW HOWEVER IS THE ACTUAL fuging PROOF

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

No it doesn't, he has a highly invested offensive line and weapons.

JOE BURROW HOWEVER IS THE ACTUAL fuging PROOF

That performance was an exception.  That has never happened before, not to discount his amazing performance.  But you cannot hang your hat and most importantly your QBs future on that approach working. 

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That performance was an exception.  That has never happened before, not to discount his amazing performance.  But you cannot hang your hat and most importantly your QBs future on that approach working. 

Joe should win the iron man award, but just like Cam, he can not be a long-term QB with that amount of punishment. 

Young and too dumb to feel the pain...

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, top dawg said:

Just my initial assessment. Willis is very raw and somewhat erratic in the pocket with inconsistent mechanics. I think he gets away with a lot due to his level of competition. Yeah, he has a cannon, but cannon ≠ arm talent. 

His floor is insanely low. So low.

But his skillset is undeniable. 

17 hours ago, top dawg said:

Just a disclosure, I drove the Lance train in the Huddle last year, but I don't see Lance and Willis as the same guys, though they're both obviously mobile QBs.  Lance seemed to have much more pocket awareness, more natural  mechanics as far as throwing motion and footwork, and he worked in a pro-style offense. Willis is simply more raw. I feel he's probably stronger than Lance, but he's going to probably need more work cleaning up his game. I just can't see drafting him on day one. Drafting him at a later point may be a good investment, but he needs a lot of work.

As a huge Lance fan, as well, 100% agree. Lance was a much more complete prospect to me. A lot less risk.