• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Overtime Rules

Mr. Scot

I don't disagree with the idea that both teams should get a chance to have the ball.  I support it.  However, I don't think it makes a difference to the Bills.

The Bills get the ball, and predictably, Allen takes them down to score.  Tie game.  Mahomes wins it on the second possession.  Though I suspect that if it were both teams getting the ball, McDermott goes for two when they score, knowing his defense hasn't stopped Mahomes all game.

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

That absolutely is a reasonable argument. With all of the rule changes they keep making it is becoming harder and harder to play defense in the NFL. They had 13 seconds at the end to win the game and an opportunity in overtime to get a stop and get their opportunity on offense. They failed both times.

How about make some rule changes that benefit the defense for a change? Not every football fan enjoys a high scoring shootout every game. Some of us enjoy the low scoring, smash mouth defensive grudge matches.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Even if you allow both teams to possess it once, it's still a big advantage to win the coin toss.  That is why the college ot rules are superior.  The chances are almost even.  

The chances are not almost even. The team that gets the ball second in college wins 60% of the time.

I find it funny how everyone is saying this is was a really good game. 
I disagree. It was an offensive focused game, but not “the best game ever”. 
I am kinda tired of calling games with terrible defense and tons of points “amazing games”. They are fun to watch, but as a football game it was pretty bad. 
Kinda reminds me of the Eagles and Patriots Super Bowl. Terrible defense and tons of points=“Best Game Ever”.

Give me a 21-17 game over a 42-40 game any day. But I am kinda old fashioned. 

1 hour ago, mwright350 said:

The way that game ended was disappointing, even if I don't give a rip one way or another who actually won.  Knowing it was coming from the time the coin toss was over in a playoff game is just a bad product.  

If that game disappointed you then you're hard to please.