• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 QB options

ericr0319

Do we make a trade and give of draft capital?

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Deshawn Watson

3. Russell Wilson

Do we draft someone?

There is no stud prospects this year, but it does not mean someone will not be. Probably not worth it at #6 though.

Do we run it back?

1. Sam Darnold

Or, do we trade for a shmuck and at best become a 7th seed?

1. Kirk Cousins

2. Jimmy G

Edited by ericr0319
  • Poo 1

I highly doubt we will get any of the top three but out of those three, Rodgers makes the most sense just simply of the connection between him and Macadoo but Rodgers has stated he dont want to go to a rebuild.

Wilson more than likely will end up in New Orleans is my guess.

Watson wants to follow Flores.

I am curious where Macadoo ranks the QB class this year. He does seem to have a knack for finding QB takent. My bet will be he will be high on Pickett.

Jimmy G could be a decent fit for this offense.

3 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

I highly doubt we will get any of the top three but out of those three, Rodgers makes the most sense just simply of the connection between him and Macadoo but Rodgers has stated he dont want to go to a rebuild.

I am curious where Macadoo ranks the QB class this year. He does seem to have a knack for finding QB takent. My bet will be he will be high on Pickett.

Rodgers is an idiot. If you have Rodgers you aren't rebuilding. Tampa was rebuilding then they got Brady and the rebuild was over. 

4 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

I just wonder if Shanahan really is that good and makes Jimmy G. 

Hopefully a team lower in the draft will fall in love with a D prospect sitting there at 6 enough that we can trade down and pick up a 2nd ++ and then take our favorite QB prospect in this draft at a better value position. 

If we can't do that I'd like to go for Watson but I doubt we actually get him (don't think he'll get cleared and if he does he won't want to come here).

Rodgers and Wilson don't fit our timeline and will be too expensive and likely won't want to come here. But if a deal somehow came together I'd gladly take them.

Jimmy G I consider if 49ers take Sam's full contract off our hands. No thanks to Kirk unless he'd take a paycut and the Vikings would take Sam's full contract. Wouldn't give up anything of value for either of those 2 also.

If all else fails (my expectation) just ride with Sam another year and don't make any more mistakes that hurt us going forward like we did with Sam after Teddy failed.

The answer is #2 but the question is when and who?  If it is a QB in the upcoming draft they better do serious homework on these guys.  They all have red flags.  Maybe fix the OL and go sign Trubisky cheap for a year and get the QB next draft.

Problem is I seriously doubt Rhule and Tepper will wait a year on the QB.  Rhule needs to win next year period 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

Find out a way to get a second 1st/high second, Howell and Ridder would be ideal. Wouldn’t be an issue to replace in 2023 with a new coach, still land a OL at 6, and they provide enough upside to be great. 

How this is done? I think we should consider selling DJ high right now.

33 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

Do we make a trade and give of draft capital?

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Deshawn Watson

3. Russell Wilson

Do we draft someone?

There is no stud prospects this year, but it does not mean someone will not be. Probably not worth it at #6 though.

Do we run it back?

1. Sam Darnold

Or, do we trade for a shmuck and at best become a 7th seed?

1. Kirk Cousins

2. Jimmy G

Rodgers, Watson, Wilson aren't not going to want to come to Carolina and play for a lameduck HC, behind a bad OL with Ben McAdoo running the O.   So we can just cross all that off. 

Do we draft someone? I would say yes if we had fired Matt Rhule.  But we didn't.  Which means the new HC (off history), will want his own QB.  Which makes the draft pick wasted.  And we only have 1 in the top 100.  

We don't have draft captial to trade for anyone. 

So I say we add a FA vet QB to just get us by in a completely pointless season.  Which is 2022

Trade Sam Darnold for draft capital. Keep Cam Newton with a 2 year contract. Draft a mid round QB (Aqeel Glass is who I want) to learn under Newton. Trade down from the 6th pick to accumulate draft capital.

3 possible QB outcomes: Cam Newton revives himself with a full offseason. Aqeel Glass takes over as starter. Set up with draft capital to build around a leader at QB. Become more attractive to a temporary QB with past playoff success.

Keeping Sam Darnold and PJ Walker has little to no hope at success with him as the starter. Builds no draft capital. Has no mid round rookie QB that may be able to compete with the best. Will never attract a temporary QB with past playoff success. Only hope is that Sam Darnold becomes an instant playoff success or PJ Walker magically becomes the answer when Darnold is benched or injured.

Keeping Darnold is a limiting choice for a bottom dweller. Rhule however is not planning on completing his 7 year plan (he never did with any institution). He will just look for a better opportunity every year and sell them on the same 7 year plan he has yet to prove in his career. So, I don't think he cares. He will stick with Darnold as any change would admit a mistake and drop his stock to move somewhere else. He can keep gaslighting with Darnold at QB.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1