• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 QB options

ericr0319

17 minutes ago, Pen15 said:

Draft oline, ride the season with sam “I see ghost”  darnold and fatt rhule to the top pick next, draft top QB next year.. ie Bengals 

The more you look at things then you can see this is pretty much the only option that builds for the future.  These quick fix solutions just keep prolonging the inevitable tear down rebuild

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Newbie said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if he was high on Malik Willis as well. He has the athleticism, arm strength and positive attitude that a lot of coaches like. His supporting cast were mostly 2 star recruits and he pressed at times to make a play when his teammates weren’t capable. He would have more weapons than he’s used to here. Assuming we fix the o-line. 

I could see that... After all, didn't he grade Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Lamar Jackson (all athletic but accurate QBs) ahead of Darnold? 

Willis reminds me a little of Jackson 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

I could see that... After all, didn't he grade Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Lamar Jackson (all athletic but accurate QBs) ahead of Darnold? 

Willis reminds me a little of Jackson 

Willis actually reminds me a little of RG3.  I don't think hes quite the explosive athlete that Jackson is, but then again nobody is. 

3 hours ago, CRA said:

most new HCs.....want to handpick who there career and shot is tied to.  That is a thing.  You draft Pickett or Howell and then hire a QB who wants something entirely different from a QB? 

I mean, it's not a thing when you are hired and you inherit Aaron Rodgers or a lesser but well established QB. 

But yeah, a new hire isn't going to want to "rebuild" with Matt Rhule's new young building blocks. 

It’s a thing people say on forums that sounds really smart and clever but it isn’t really a thing

A new coach would also be more than welcome to pick a new QB if the current one doesn’t work

thats the way the game is now

you don’t just abide failure just because, just like you don’t prevent a coach from upgrading just because he makes you Sad Real Big Sad =[

Edited by Growl

1 minute ago, section543 said:

Trade back ( at least once) if one of the QBs is available in rd 2 take a flyer- while drafting/ signing road graders and get a big back to pair with CMC. Even if we stick with Darnold, it’s harder to throw too many INTs if you run it 65% of the time.

I can’t think of a better way to drill straight through rock bottom