• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How would you feel if ..

Dory

Not entirely crazy.  But there are other ways without pulling a Rams (who have had the luxury to mortgage the future with a great system, coach, and SB ready squad). 

If just a 3rd is involved, possibly.  The real question--I think we're shipping a player for a pick this offseason which will allow for something like this to go down.  Which guy is that?

1 minute ago, PantherMan89 said:

Pass. Not interested in giving up future draft picks for a lame duck coach. Also, don’t see any teams parting with a 1st rounder this year for a 2 and 3 next year. 

I guess the one possibility of value is that 2nd rounder is likely pick 33-36 lol. But yup, I want the new coach to have that pick.  

• Pie 1

I hate spending future draft picks, but if they deem Howell worth it, I could stomach it.

Honestly, I'd rather trade players for picks, and that's what I think we'll ultimately do if the expectation is to be competitive in 2022.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Notice how coach prospects are turning us down? Part of that is a gutted draft, especially for a potential HC.

You absolutely do not trade poo with a lame duck coach…if Tep allows this I’m throwing in my hat.

Only one coaching prospect that I know of turned us down. 

19 minutes ago, Dory said:

We stick at 6 and take the best OT (Cross, Ekwonu, Neal)

We trade back into the first round *Pick 26* to get Sam Howell, and give up a 2nd and 3rd next year in the process.

Would you do it?

If the draft charts mean anything….a future 2nd and 3rd isn’t enough to move up for the  26th.   So it would cost more.  

That makes me a hard no on continuing to trade draft capital 

• Pie 3

The only QB I would give a chance on is Pickett and thats after he's looked at more combine, etc. He can skyrocket. I know there are prob a lot of UNC fans here, but as an outside Howell is a dog and the next Baker. 

I am fine staying at 6 finally getting an OT and 2022 is just going to be a lost year. 

Ideally, we find a way to move in the early teens to pick up a 2nd and grab a C and G in the first two rounds. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1