• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How would you feel if ..

Dory

8 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

As much as I want a franchise LT, I want to see BC get his shot.  We can still address OL at either G spot or at C with that Linderbaum kid.

Me too, and I would love trade back a little and grab a 2nd round pick at minimum.

Linderbaum round 1 and Zion Johnson round 2

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Only one coaching prospect that I know of turned us down. 

I think there were two… but tbh I haven’t kept track

still the point remains, how attractive will this place be if you allow Rhule to fug up and gut 2023 draft? Or the cap for that matter

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I think there were two… but tbh I haven’t kept track

still the point remains, how attractive will this place be if you allow Rhule to fug up and gut 2023 draft? Or the cap for that matter

I mean, you can probably say that for any team anywhere, and yet life goes on. Coaches come into fuged up situations all the time. That being said, I'm generally not a proponent of using future draft capital on anything but sure first round level talent. 

18 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I hate spending future draft picks, but if they deem Howell worth it, I could stomach it.

Honestly, I'd rather trade players for picks, and that's what I think we'll ultimately do if the expectation is to be competitive in 2022.

The problem is this staff also thought Bridgewater, and even worse, Darnold, was worth it.  We’ll see if McAdoo even has any insight into the offense aside from calling plays.  If he does, we may have a small amount of hope based on his past QB analyses.  But if Rhule is still in control of personnel then it won’t matter 

1 minute ago, PandaMan said:

The problem is this staff also thought Bridgewater, and even worse, Darnold, was worth it.  We’ll see if McAdoo even has any insight into the offense aside from calling plays.  If he does, we may have a small amount of hope based on his past QB analyses.  But if Rhule is still in control of personnel then it won’t matter 

McAdoo damned well better have not only insight but influence if Rhule wants to keep his damned job.

• Pie 2

28 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I hate spending future draft picks, but if they deem Howell worth it, I could stomach it.

Honestly, I'd rather trade players for picks, and that's what I think we'll ultimately do if the expectation is to be competitive in 2022.

I feel the same.  I think if we pick a QB we'll have give up one or two picks.  To offset that we need to trade some players.  I just hope we have a coaching staff that will know how to do that and what to do with whom we get.

37 minutes ago, davos said:

Not entirely crazy.  But there are other ways without pulling a Rams (who have had the luxury to mortgage the future with a great system, coach, and SB ready squad). 

If just a 3rd is involved, possibly.  The real question--I think we're shipping a player for a pick this offseason which will allow for something like this to go down.  Which guy is that?

CMC. But it’s hope it’s not for Howell. Dude is seriously limited. 

34 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Not a fan of giving up any assets next year since there is likely to be a new coaching staff. Trading those picks should be marked as off limits by ownership. 

So keep the coach but handicap him and set him up for failure. That's dumb AF. If Rhule isn't fired, Tepper isn't putting roadblocks in. That would be entirely counterproductive.

Either fire the guy or keep your hands off the football side of the organization.