• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 QB draft Class..

WOW!!

Look thru the video objectively.. And Yes I know all are just highlights and not all 22's.. But under these criteria who would you truly feel you can build a franchise around??

1. Arm talent- making NFL throws ..

2. Running a pro style offense- coming in with a better perception of NFL offenses..

3. Athleticism- ability to work a pocket scramble and make off scripted plays... Run RPO's and add another level to the offense..

4. Ability to make NFL reads and pre snap adjustments..

5. Who can get into a shootout and hold his own...

Now the intangibles (leadership, speed, measurements, work ethic) we won't know until later in the draft prospects if at all..

I'll put all best season..

Only put QB ranked to go in top 4 rounds...

• Pie 2

All of these guys seem to stare down their #1 option, but Highlights are generally plays were you get that read and its successful. I have always thought Pickett seemed the most NFL ready. Besides him I like Zappe in the later rounds. Ridder to me is the most interesting as far as upside. He seems to run away from people. Willis while a good athlete, doesn't seem to do that to people even playing against Liberty's schedule, so his athleticism may not be as NFL ready as some of the others. Strong has great deep ball but i've seen too many games where his decision-making and intermediate game haven't been on point. Matt Corral to me seems to be a kid who has all the ability, and can sometimes make great decisions, but not with any real consistency. Corral did make plays against SEC defenses, however, which to me is something to be considered. Howell is tough for me to analyze because I'm a homer. He has obvious talent but too many times I've watched him fail to make meaningful plays when games were on the line. I like him and his talent but that worries me. The other kid from Iowa St. I literally know nothing about and so can't accurately judge him besides to say his highlights were great (like all of the other kids highlights).

Corral has the best arm talent. Strong and Willis might have a slightly stronger arm but they can’t make the throws at the angles or on the run Corral can. I also Corral has the best natural throwing motion with the quickest release.

None of these guys run a pro style offense.

9 minutes ago, Michael G said:

All of these guys seem to stare down their #1 option, but Highlights are generally plays were you get that read and its successful. I have always thought Pickett seemed the most NFL ready. Besides him I like Zappe in the later rounds. Ridder to me is the most interesting as far as upside. He seems to run away from people. Willis while a good athlete, doesn't seem to do that to people even playing against Liberty's schedule, so his athleticism may not be as NFL ready as some of the others. Strong has great deep ball but i've seen too many games where his decision-making and intermediate game haven't been on point. Matt Corral to me seems to be a kid who has all the ability, and can sometimes make great decisions, but not with any real consistency. Corral did make plays against SEC defenses, however, which to me is something to be considered. Howell is tough for me to analyze because I'm a homer. He has obvious talent but too many times I've watched him fail to make meaningful plays when games were on the line. I like him and his talent but that worries me. The other kid from Iowa St. I literally know nothing about and so can't accurately judge him besides to say his highlights were great (like all of the other kids highlights).

Jmo..

Best Combo of physical talent, college production and upside.. is Howell and Willis..

Best Arms .. Wills and Strong 

NFL ready .. Corral and Pickett

Just now, Ivan The Awesome said:

Which is a step up from Darnold and any other QB we've had in the last 4 years... So that's not really a negative. 

Yeah but there are level above Sam Darnold and avg. NFL starters.. And those are the ones you draft in the top 10 and build around..

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Yeah but there are level above Sam Darnold and avg. NFL starters.. And those are the ones you draft in the top 10 and build around..

Sucks to be in a lame duck situation because if he does pick a QB and they suck ass and gets fired, next HC doesn't have an obligation to keep him. Meaning they have wasted ANOTHER pick on a QB. This is why I wanted Rhule gone already, he's delaying the inevitable. It's a catch 22. 

Edited by Ivan The Awesome

Howell’s deep ball is getting overlooked. The man can launch it down field pretty well. Unfortunately our line won’t allow him to do so… It all depends on where they go. The Broncos have a decent team set up for quick success depending on who they hire as coach. The one I think could do the best with our team/coach is probably Howell. Willis needs a year (like the Niners did with Lance), Strong needs a pocket, and Corral would get hurt. Howell has had success with a shifty OL and not good coaching. I’m not a UNC guy (Auburn fan), but I think Howell might be the best fit with what we have. If we had to draft one, a trade down and snagging Howell in the middle of the 1st would be the best case IMO.