• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC South

scratched

57 minutes ago, scratched said:

Payton calls it quits and the Saints are in terrible shape with the Cap… If Brady retires, are the Panthers not in better shape then anybody in the division? 

That’s your argument to a veteran QB. #2 ranked D. Really good weapons on O. Come here and we’ll build you an OL and compete this year. 

1 hour ago, scratched said:

Payton calls it quits and the Saints are in terrible shape with the Cap… If Brady retires, are the Panthers not in better shape then anybody in the division? 

We have the worst QB and HC combo in the division with no OL.    

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

We completely wasted the last 2 years.  We should have been in straight rebuild mode, grooming a young QB like Fields to take over the division while the Saints, Bucs, and Falcons begin their rebuild.

instead, the Saints and Bucs will begin their rebuild in 2022 while the Rhule goes all out to try and save his job.  Will probably sign another bum QB to a ridiculous contract, and when he’s fired next year we will be a year behind the Saints and Bucs 

15 hours ago, scratched said:

We still have Matt Rhule in charge.

Won't be the least bit surprised if we finish last again.

• Beer 1

When Matt Rhule took over as HC and started our "rebuild" 2 seasons ago we set ourselves up as the first NFC S team to bite the bullet and start the rebuild process while the other teams were riding out their success with older qb's (brees, brady, ryan) and juggling CAP space. The plan was we would be ready to take over the division once the other 3 teams decided to start their rebuild. Well....that plan didn't work for the Panther because we are in worse shape 2 years into our rebuild than we were to begin with. Saints are still better, Falcons have a new coach and are showing improvements, Tampa without Brady and some other key players are going to struggle. In my opinion, If the saints promote someone like Dennis Allen they will probably be the leader of the NFC-S with Atlanta close behind. 

PANTHERS = missed opportunities

15 hours ago, scratched said:

Even if Brady retires, you've still got an excellent Arians running the show in Tampa and Atlanta is working the rebuild like we are -- but they still have a capable QB, which we don't. Coaching in Atlanta might be a bit better than we are, as they've had so odd losses of stars -- particularly Ridley. (Hope he gets well and right).

In truth, even if Brady retires, all it does is sets up the NFCSouth into a four-way Prove It contest as each team tries to prove it can build a winner again. The good part is that in the early 2000s after realignment, the whole division was that and it became to toughest division in the league for about a dozen years. Now, we're in danger of being the AFCSouth if we aren't careful.

We aren't diddly squat right now but if Rhule was going to prove that what he is doing is really, really working, he couldn't ask for a more shaken up field. It's time to pop the popcorn and watch this thing, but it sure isn't time to put the champagne on ice.