• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamesis Winston

ENCPantherfan2

9 hours ago, davos said:

I mean if we don’t go draft and are ditching the Sam experience (somehow, please figure it out Sal/Fit), then the options get pretty hilarious.

Trubisky, Foles, Winston, Dalton, Mullens, Kyle Allen, Brandon Allen..it’s absurdly bad.

It would suck to strap cap to Jimmy, Cousins or Carr (although do like him).

We are in quite the pickle and I don’t trust these dudes one but minus maybe Sal figuring out contracts while weighing appropriate future capital. And this is why we cycle through all these names. Rummaging the league litter.

Its why I keep thinking we bite it and draft a QB because there really is limited options at this point. That’s a better path for these guys to save face over another retread (fans may hate it though but we hate most things haha)

I think we will move on from Darnold. The only question I have is how Tepper can still be sitting there watching as Rhule swings and misses on QBs, trading valuable future assets for those QBs, and singling valuable future cap space into those QBs and still think he has the right man captaining this ship. Yes, we need to solve the QB problem. But you're best way of doing that is with draft capital and/or cap space. Rhule is hamstringing us on both by flailing wildly with his moves at QB.

Of course he's better than Darnold, but that's an extremely low bar. Just not sure there's much upside left with Winston, and he's a solidly below average starter that is likely to burn you with turnovers or other stupid poo on a weekly basis. Not worth it. 

If they can't land a big fish (and it seems unlikely with a lame duck coaching staff), then the best bet is to just bring in someone like Trubisky who is still young and may still have some upside or bring in an old-hand bridge QB like Tyrod Taylor that can compete with (and beat) Darnold for the job. 

One option at QB could be Mitchell Trubisky who is currently serving as backup, but he will be a free agent this offseason. Perhaps he’d be motivated by the chance to become a starter again.

He did lead the Bears to the playoffs in two of his four seasons as the starter. Something that often gets overlooked in the grand scheme of things.

Through four years, Trubisky accumulated more than 10,000 passing yards along with 64 touchdown passes. He also poses a threat to make some plays running, as he had more than 1,000 yards on the ground and 8 touchdowns while a member of the Bears.

Sitting behind Josh Allen on the Buffalo Bills this season was needed. But whether the Panthers want to take on another reclamation project is another matter.

2 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

One option at QB could be Mitchell Trubisky who is currently serving as backup, but he will be a free agent this offseason. Perhaps he’d be motivated by the chance to become a starter again.

He did lead the Bears to the playoffs in two of his four seasons as the starter. Something that often gets overlooked in the grand scheme of things.

Through four years, Trubisky accumulated more than 10,000 passing yards along with 64 touchdown passes. He also poses a threat to make some plays running, as he had more than 1,000 yards on the ground and 8 touchdowns while a member of the Bears.

Sitting behind Josh Allen on the Buffalo Bills this season was needed. But whether the Panthers want to take on another reclamation project is another matter.

This is what should have been done last year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

But, it doesn't make sense anymore.

Not really. I mean, if they don’t pick a QB in the draft, and he would sign for 2.5M, it would at least be better than having Walker wasting time and money again. But he won’t wait that long I’m sure. At least there is a maybe a 2% chance Trubisky finds his game. I’d put Walker’s at 0.00001%. 

• Beer 1

People are laughing but this isn't as bad an idea as many think. He has never thrown more ints than touchdowns and has even made a pro bowl. Sam has thrown more ints than tds twice so Winston is already better than him. Yes he makes some bad throws but some good ones as well. Is he the future of the team? No.. but I think you can get to the playoffs with him in a bad qb class.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think we will move on from Darnold. The only question I have is how Tepper can still be sitting there watching as Rhule swings and misses on QBs, trading valuable future assets for those QBs, and singling valuable future cap space into those QBs and still think he has the right man captaining this ship. Yes, we need to solve the QB problem. But you're best way of doing that is with draft capital and/or cap space. Rhule is hamstringing us on both by flailing wildly with his moves at QB.

Yep, and now Rhule has backed himself into a corner without enough draft picks and no leverage to trade for a good QB, basically needing to draft one to save any chance he has to stay longer or make himself not look completely bogus.