• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamesis Winston

ENCPantherfan2

10 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Well 30 passing touchdowns with 5 thousand yards passing is nothing to laugh about. Also a pro bowl season. Yes I know he threw 30 ints as well so it's about a push not adding in rushing touchdowns. He has to be a better option than Jimmy G as well.

I'm not saying he wins us a super bowl or this is the best option available. But with what we have and no draft picks.. we have to get creative. He's a mid level talent I believe. 

Screenshot_20220128-060901_Chrome.jpg

I like Jameis(lobbied for him after Tampa) but I just don't see him being able to do much in our current situation. If we were stacked on OL and had competent coaching, sure. But in that scenario, we could also probably attract someone better.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I like Jameis(lobbied for him after Tampa) but I just don't see him being able to do much in our current situation. If we were stacked on OL and had competent coaching, sure. But in that scenario, we could also probably attract someone better.

Who's better is the question. I dout we can pull the big 3.. watson, rodgers or wilson.Wilson. whose left?

14 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Well 30 passing touchdowns with 5 thousand yards passing is nothing to laugh about. Also a pro bowl season. Yes I know he threw 30 ints as well so it's about a push not adding in rushing touchdowns.

Last season he was on pace for 30+ TD passes and 7-or-8 INT’s.

• Pie 1

I would love us to either take a left tackle or QB at 6. And I don't buy that you can't take a QB at 6 this year because no one deserves it. If you think he is a franchise QB and he is much better than someone who will be there at your next pick, you pull the trigger.  If you trade back you are saying we don't really like him that much and are willing to lose him to someone else.  But then again I would likely keep drafting a QB until I hit on one. No matter what I did in free agency.

Here's the deal.  Jameis Winston belongs in the NFL in some capacity.  However, he's also a benchmark.  If Jameis Winston is an upgrade to your starting QB position...its the surest sign you need to seriously address your starting QB position.  And Jameis isn't the answer for that.

23 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Who's better is the question. I dout we can pull the big 3.. watson, rodgers or wilson.Wilson. whose left?

Better only matters if it helps us win. Most QB's in the NFL are better than Sam Darnold. Maybe almost all of them. But can they win more games than he did here? Not all of them.

So better only really matters if it is better enough to make us a better team.

On 1/25/2022 at 8:53 PM, AggieLean said:

I wanted him when he was a free agent, before we got Darnold. He’s better than Darnold by a long shot. I don’t want him now, though. Either go the draft route or bring in an elite QB from the outside.

What the Saints paid Jamesis (1yr for $5.5m) was so much a better deal than what we paid Darnold.

Like you I would prefer to go draft, or elite, or just stick to what we have and tank, but if we do go the cheap vet route, we could do worse than Jamesis.

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

What the Saints paid Jamesis (1yr for $5.5m) was so much a better deal than what we paid Darnold.

Like you I would prefer to go draft, or elite, or just stick to what we have and tank, but if we do go the cheap vet route, we could do worse than Jamesis.

Yea, I jumped the shark a bit on Cam. Now, I just want to be patient and do this right. Jameis isn’t a bad option, but I’d rather just try and do this right. I think most of us can agree that Darnold isn’t the answer, and never was