• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Antonio Brown wants to sue the Bucs for... trying to help him?

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

As someone who struggles with mental health, I find it incredibly insensitive to see others on this board mocking someone else's struggles simply because you can't empathize with an invisible struggle another person is battling. Sometimes the old adage of "if you don't have anything nice to say" really is the best approach. That is actually how you can help a complete stranger struggling with mental health....you avoid ridiculing them at the very least. If my words do not resonate with you, I would encourage you to take a step back, reflect, and try to identify some real ways you feel you can get better at supporting others. Very small things can make massive changes to completely random people.... trust me, I actually see this everyday on this board and you don't even realize you helped me....but you did. So please and thank you.

I can empathize with someone who has mental health issues. But at what point do people take responsibility for their actions? Should we clear out the jails? Every poor decision is mental health? But I should empathize with a person who has asserted there is no way he has any mental illness. But has a list of transgressions attached to him that is hard to believe and goes back to HS. 

I can't say one way or the other. It could be a genuine effort from the Bucs if they think he has mental issues and needs help. If they believe that he could be positioning himself for some type of lawsuit it could be something else. I'm not going to call it either way. His antics are well known and he doesn't act like most folks, that much is for certain. 

10 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Do we have any evidence of a mental health issue or is it also possible he is just a piece of poo human being? 

Everything I have seen and heard leans toward the latter…but maybe there is something I don’t know.

This. There is zero evidence he has a mental health disorder because he has not been evaluated (as far as we all know). All we have are his inane actions and people acting like they are a doctor saying the huge hit he took caused him to be this way. You can argue his actions must be due to something not right upstairs, but you can also argue he's just a fool.

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wouldn't that have been a good thing? 🤔

1st: The title is misleading. In the article you posted, it says that he's Considering it.

2nd: At the point they offered him 200k to seek mental help, if he accepted their offer, it implies that he agrees that he need mental help and they (Bucs) were right in how they handled the situation. 

Note: I'm not in defense of AB, just facts...

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

As someone who struggles with mental health, I find it incredibly insensitive to see others on this board mocking someone else's struggles simply because you can't empathize with an invisible struggle another person is battling. Sometimes the old adage of "if you don't have anything nice to say" really is the best approach. That is actually how you can help a complete stranger struggling with mental health....you avoid ridiculing them at the very least. If my words do not resonate with you, I would encourage you to take a step back, reflect, and try to identify some real ways you feel you can get better at supporting others. Very small things can make massive changes to completely random people.... trust me, I actually see this everyday on this board and you don't even realize you helped me....but you did. So please and thank you.

Passing off everything he's done as mental illness, including domestic violence, is a slap in the face of those diagnosed with a disorder. At first it seemed like mental illness, but recently it seems like he's just a narcissist. He can't keep getting a pass until he gets diagnosed which he is refusing to.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wouldn't that have been a good thing? 🤔

I agree that he needs help with his mental health, but this seems like a smart but messed up tactic from the bucs.

They’re trying to discredit him in case he files a wrongful termination lawsuit.

53 minutes ago, jfo89 said:

I agree that he needs help with his mental health, but this seems like a smart but messed up tactic from the bucs.

They’re trying to discredit him in case he files a wrongful termination lawsuit.

AB and his team putting the therapy and $200,000 cost out there is them working their angle to discredit the Bucs.  This is all on AB, he made a choice not to 

This is like any other job that offers programs for it's employees.  As a supervisor, I have had to offer/remind staff that we provide services when they are having difficulties that affect their work, whether it's financial, emotional, therapeutic, etc.

The help isn't always taken, but when offered most people know, they telling they are covering themselves by saying, we offered them help, "before we fired him. (pretty much get your ish together).

This is all on AB, he made a choice not to use the offered service.  He turned it into goin to the "crazy house".  There is nothing wrong with counseling. 

2 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

This. There is zero evidence he has a mental health disorder because he has not been evaluated (as far as we all know). All we have are his inane actions and people acting like they are a doctor saying the huge hit he took caused him to be this way. You can argue his actions must be due to something not right upstairs, but you can also argue he's just a fool.

fuged up people may just be fuged up. Shitty people do shitty things.

There are a lot more signs to mental health cases than just erroneous actions. People are rightfully trying very hard to address mental health that has been ignored in the past and in doing so, cast a net far too wide. And fuged up people on are board of course, for the compassion and lighter punishments they get for their fuged up actions. 

I suspect it’ll come back around as we get more familiar with mental health cases. But as of now this is somewhat a lot of grey area. When people do fuged up things, it’s in everyone to ask ‘what’s wrong with them?’ And in lack of understanding it’s becoming easy to suggest mental health. Which makes sense…everyone who’s ever done something fuged up clearly has a mental health problem. But it’s not the same as an actual diagnosis, persistent, chronic and affecting Dailey life or living quality type problems. Big difference…but how do you label what really?

Contrary to movies, media, and fiction, and not the tell all, but one thing I have found from dealing with thousands of mental health cases and including my own family cases is that it is extremely extremely rare for a people with daily life affecting mental health issues say that absolutely nothing is wrong with them and they don’t need help. Like Brown has done.

Edited by onmyown

He hasn't been diagnosed with anything and much of what he does contradicts this actually. Plenty of people act like him and they are just scum bags, POS, or even just plain dumb. Not everything is a fugin mental heath issue its starting to get well beyond disrespectful and easy for people to dismiss actual MHI when everything thing is being labeled this. 

My brother actually does have a diagnosis and while there are many different mental health issues AB damn sure acts nothing like my brother or my good friends child who also has a legit diagnosis. And even within the mental health sphere there are ones where that empathy the other guy was talking about goes right out the window when compared to how it affects society/those around them. How many of you feel too sorry for those affected with psychopathy who go out and act on their worst inhibitions? Most affected by this don't actually commit murder for example....

Doubt many would be surprised if AB had Narcissistic personality disorder which is one that absolutely doesn't require sympathy based on how it affects everyone else as compared to the individual. But regardless of the armchair doctors it actually isn't very obvious he has anything at all, that's just you having no idea wtf you're talking about, it would require many visits over time to actually clinically gauge his mental health status.

This doesn't appear to be a simple case of stress, BPD, ASD, etc. which obviously deserves all the sympathy/empathy in the world. But no this isn't extended to narcissists, sociopaths, psychopaths, and whatever the fug those people trying to say they like little kids b/c its their brain something something stfu with that its irrelevant even if it is not your fault its not something society is going to tolerate regardless nor should we.