• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell

LinvilleGorge

10 hours ago, Icege said:

@ShockerGot back to the desktop and was curious about Howell's numbers vs. top-25 opponents

He's 5-8 vs. top-25 opponents, 2-6 vs. those same opponents that were still ranked at the end of the season (same as Pickett).

In those 2-6 games, he's 140/220 (63.6%) for 1812 yards, 12 TDs, 4 INTs, 8.3 Y/A, 109 rushing attempts for 358 yards (3.3avg), 2 rushing TDs, and 1 fumble.

With the same record under the same parameters, Sam Howell has a slightly higher completion percentage (63.6v50), more passing yards (1923v1368), triple the passing TDs (12v4), half the INTs (4v8), higher Y/A (+2.8), almost five times the rushing yards (and average rushing yards) (358v85), the same amount of TDs (2), and a fourth of the fumbles (1v4).

Even if you add those two 2021 games for Pickett, , Howell still has the better completion percentage, more passing TDs (12v8), half the INTs (4v8), higher Y/A (+2.3), almost triple the rushing yards (and rushing average) (358v120), and a fifth of the fumbles (1v5).

Thank you for this. 

I enjoy the anonymous coach interviews that provide opportunities to get their opinions out there without revealing the source. I bet if one was done of ACC coaches about which QB they would rather have on their team, Howell or Pickett, there may have been one or two that chose Pickett. 

12 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Nah when the Chargers took Herbert, they had the bottom ranked OL. As for the Bengals… we’ll they are still terrible in year 2 of Burrow.

Lol, how did I know it would be a Miami guy? Did he even start all year??

Did you see the Tweet I posted?

One more 300+ yard and 3+ TD game and he ties Burrows' record. But sure, dismiss it 'cos he's from Miami.

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Well Romo agrees with me, so I'm comfortable in my opinions on the matter. 😊

He’s the worst starting qb in the nfl with clean pockets over 4 years. The oline needs to be upgraded but Darnold is never going to get it between the ears. Funny how Joe burrow has an absolutely terrible oline but makes it happen. Darnold is terrible oline issues or not. 

19 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Same dude was pumped we traded for Darnold. Anyone who thought that was a good trade can never be trusted with qbs.

On 4/5/2021 at 10:58 PM, OldhamA said:

Erving at G, Elflein at C, Moton at RT. Oline is markedly improved from 2020.

On 4/5/2021 at 8:11 PM, OldhamA said:

It's about coaching, not stats.

Rhule and co think that they unlock the talent in Darnold, Elflein and Erving. That's why Tepper paid him $72m. 

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

• Flames 2

9 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Nope he's mediocre beyond belief. He'll also be 24 by the time the season starts. Van Dyke is 5 years younger.

Alright, I just did a 15ish minute dive looking at this dude as I dont remember seeing anything from him last year.  His highlight film is nice.  He has a classic throwing motion eerily similar to Kerry Collins.  He also has great size which I didnt know beforehand.  He appears to have a strong arm and no problem throwing to the sidelines deep.  He seems to process his reads rather quickly and dumps off when the heat gets a bit hot.   He even had a couple of off platform throws that was nice to see.

Yeah man he looks like a legit prospect although I dont see much in regards to his athleticism or ability to move out of the pocket which may be a red flag but I dont know.  I just watched 2 videos, will definitely check him out next season.