• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell

LinvilleGorge

56 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Russ was very, very average in college.

Last 2 seasons was 20-7 while splitting time between a moribund NC State program and then Little Wisco.  61 TD’s, 18 INT’s, 15 rushing TD’s.  

That ain’t “average”.

56 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Why wasn’t he picked until round 3 again?

Short in stature and small hands. 

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

This just isn’t close to true.  Wilson was a decent college QB.  Hence he went later in the draft.  If you don’t like Howell fine but he would not have a 3rd round grade and if he did his career will probably turn out much like Wilsons in the right situation.

Howell can play and at this time has so many things he can improve upon.  He makes some throws that he makes look really easy that most QBs can’t do

Bro c’mon. You have the guy as your profile picture.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

So I'm watching more tape on Howell and I'm seeing way more stuff I DON'T like about his game

First and foremost:

The ball pats and windup. Holy crap, I am not sure what his average time to throw is, but I'd wager it's one of the worst in the class thanks to the ball pat he has to do before he throws, and then his long, outfielder like windup to throw the ball. It is bad. Really bad. Generally speaking, throwing motion isn't something that can get coached out at this point (see Cam Newton and The Golden Calf of Bristol as examples). This is a problem not only for secondary guys getting a jump on him, but also D-Linemen being able to get sack fumble son him at the next level due to the eternity it takes to get rid of the ball. 

Secondly: He does not seem to process the field quickly. I don't know if that's the offense UNC runs, but he doesn't seem to move from his reads quickly. 

The more I see the less I like, especially at 6.

Howell is sliding down my personal board. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

34 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

So I'm watching more tape on Howell and I'm seeing way more stuff I DON'T like about his game

First and foremost:

The ball pats and windup. Holy crap, I am not sure what his average time to throw is, but I'd wager it's one of the worst in the class thanks to the ball pat he has to do before he throws, and then his long, outfielder like windup to throw the ball. It is bad. Really bad. Generally speaking, throwing motion isn't something that can get coached out at this point (see Cam Newton and The Golden Calf of Bristol as examples). This is a problem not only for secondary guys getting a jump on him, but also D-Linemen being able to get sack fumble son him at the next level due to the eternity it takes to get rid of the ball. 

Secondly: He does not seem to process the field quickly. I don't know if that's the offense UNC runs, but he doesn't seem to move from his reads quickly. 

The more I see the less I like, especially at 6.

Howell is sliding down my personal board. 

Havent watched much besides highlight reels but he really does kinda pat the ball and stare down his deep WR waiting for them to get separation on most of them.  I don't think any of these guys are better than like a Trevor Siemian at best, maybe Willis will show out at the Senior Bowl but otherwise I'm not really interested in anyone before the 4th round really

• Beer 2