• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Promotion for Suluiman

BurnNChinn

Damn, some of y'all don't like anything sheesh.

As it stands I'm not blaming Fitterer, or Samir on last season; I think they are partially the reason we had some of the success we did, navigating the COVID stricken cap, and making the most of available assets. 

Some of the contract structures are what allowed us to add the pieces that we did. Erving and Elf take a lot of poo and rightfully so, but their contracts are not necessarily hampering, or of hindrance to the cap if we move away from them. Fox, Jones, and Bouye were positive additions to the defense; not to mention we got Reddick for 6M via some ''voidable'' year(s) magic. 

I am at the least interested to see where this front office goes, as I think Rhule is gone by mid-season, I don't expect us to make any real noise even if we have a solid start which I also doubt. 

6 hours ago, stbugs said:

We all know you can kick the can down the road. The only problem is that a team with a maximum of 5 wins in the past 3 years should not be a team doing that now.

Ding Ding Ding. 

You kick the can when you finally become a team that can do something and you want to maximize your win now opportunity. 

• Beer 2

14 minutes ago, davos said:

Yep. The staff is acting like we’re in a Rams type situation. 

I swear it feels like this is owner pressure. 

During those last 2 years, a pure real rebuild would have been the correct move. But fans, ticket sales, etc never would agree. I just hate now other teams like jets/phins/etc truly tired to add draft picks and not waste cap during. Panthers never did either of those vastly important methods. Its clear the talent would not make the playoffs.

Feels like lying in the meetings-

Tepper " So how we looking?"

Rhule- "Great, I and everyone here feels we are close to something special!!"

Tepper- " Just what I wanted to hear, lets go all out!"

Should have got the Cap in FULL control, no more dead money, no signing huge deals, etc.

Trade valued players for draft picks, stock pile picks for a future run.

No choice play the young ones, and hope they grow into a winner. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Toomers said:

Of course not. It’s all a myth isn’t it? That’s why you have to ask stupid questions about it because you are unable to comprehend it. It would worry me if you thought I was an expert. Yet I have years of posts going back years to prove every word I have ever said about the cap. And one of the only other posters with similar knowledge has. Back it up with his. ITT. Go sit down and let the adults discuss money. 

When did I ever say I was talking to you? I said the one people consider to be "experts" on here. What does that have to do with you? Like you said I hope people don't look to you as an expert.....

Edited by Jared Patterson