• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer on the Panthers quarterback options

Mr. Scot

We could always tank the next few seasons, which given past and present performances under the Tepper/Rhule ineptitude tour isn't a problem...and snag the newest evolution of the Manning family who could enter the draft as early as 2024, if my math is correct? Or like others have said, stay the course with Darnold since we've already tossed our saddle onto that very very broken colt and all be happy spectators of Rhule's farewell tour.

I despise the ethics (and please know my above tanking suggestion was offered in jest), but this is the NFL after all and considering the ownership, I wouldn't put it past Tepper to be aiming for the Manning kid as he has yet to even go to his first prom!

Whatever these motley fools cook up, it's most likely to be a painful experience for everyone, especially the players.

15 hours ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

Agreed with the above posts. We just have to stick with Darnold since we paid for him already, and just look forward to the 2023 draft class. I mean, we can't really go anywhere else but up... right....... RIGHT?! 🥲

Okay, for arguments sake I'm just gonna toss this name out there in flames...Minshew. He's sitting up there in Philly on his self promotion tour eating cheese steaks and hugging family... let's trade Darnold and PJ Walker for Minshew and draft a QB from this mediocre class and work on the grooming. But for cripes sake, whoever is under center needs a competent OL or all of this discourse is for naught!

17 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Ride or die with Darnold..

May Darnolds fate be tied to Rhules... 

At this point this is where we are, there is not other viable option, taking a rookie at #6 for what could be a lame duck coach isn't smart. 

Rhule made the bed, he has to sleep in it at this point. Let me add that I absolutely hate all of this, my remaining hope is that we suck ala the Jimmy Clausen year and luck our way into Bryce, or C.J. while hiring an actual NFL caliber HC. 

Cam to me is the ONLY other option if you're trying to win some games finally giving him a FULL off-season to actually KNOW the offense, let him and Sam compete in camp, I'm just so annoyed they guaranteed his 5th year at 18.8M what kind of lunacy (and I felt that way when I saw the ticker during the draft after Jaycee was selected) is this. He hasn't played a down, has three bad years of tape and we're locking him in; for f*** sakes. 

That right there told me all I needed to know, Rhule drove the ship on that trade, and the ship on getting rid of Perryman, I don't hate the Arnold for Henderson / pick swaps, and we got Gilmore for a flier late pick. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

2 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

At this point this is where we are, there is not other viable option, taking a rookie at #6 for what could be a lame duck coach isn't smart. 

Rhule made the bed, he has to sleep in it at this point. Let me add that I absolutely hate all of this, my remaining hope is that we suck ala the Jimmy Clausen year and luck our way into Bryce, or C.J. while hiring an actual NFL caliber HC. 

Cam to me is the ONLY other option if you're trying to win some games finally giving him a FULL off-season to actually KNOW the offense, let him and Sam compete in camp, I'm just so annoyed they guaranteed his 5th year at 18.8M what kind of lunacy (and I felt that way when I saw the ticker during the draft after Jaycee was selected) is this. He hasn't played a down, has three bad years of tape and we're locking him in; for f*** sakes. 

That right there told me all I needed to know, Rhule drove the ship on that trade, and the ship on getting rid of Perryman, I don't hate the Arnold for Henderson / pick swaps, and we got Gilmore for a flier late pick. 

You know Rhule is gonna make excuses once again this year about "Adjusting to a new offensive system" under Mcadoo to try and buy yet another year. It'll never end until Tepper just pulls the plug. And yes Rhule declaring Carter LB1 like a week into training camp just shows horrible evaluation, or they weren't even practicing at a high enough NFL level to even tell if anyone on their team was good or not. He was so eager to let the Colts and Ravens run the joint practices so he could basically learn on the job

• Beer 1

The more I think about this draft the more I think we are probably going to suck in 2022-2023 and be in position to take Stroud, Young, or Nix (who I think will blow up for Oregon). 

Just do the smart thing and take the best tackle. If you think you’re going to have trouble locking up Burns…..trade him for picks. CMC should have been traded yesterday. 

Build the line. Get assets. Set the team up for bringing in an elite rookie next year with good protection and good weapons. If they try too hard this year and reach for a QB before they build the line then there’s a really good chance the QB isn’t good and we’re in the top 3 again next year. Then everyone will be asking….is “Sam Howell, Matt Corral, Malik Willis” really better than the aforementioned other three. The answer is probably no. So you might as well set yourself up to get one of those guys next year and have a franchise left tackle protecting them. 

We don’t have enough to get a vet. And if we did have enough that teams wanted it would gut our team so they the vet wouldn’t actually want to be here. Rhule and Fitt made their 2022 bed with Darnold. Time for Fitt to prioritize the future…or he’s gonna get axed with Rhule. Idt there is any way Rhule can save himself from previous decisions. 

Best case scenario for this off-season and next is getting more picks, drafting a LT, creating cap, sucking in 2022…drafting Stroud, Young, or whoever else emerges as a top 3 QB. 

Edited by unicar15

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not in favor of giving Rhule an out at QB. He should be forced to play the guy he invested so much in.  But that's just me.

And it’s a really bad take. The panthers don’t exist to stick it to Matt rhule or to acquire lots of cap space. They exist to win games. Suggesting that they should intentionally handicap the team to accomplish either of the former things is S dumb a thing as you can possibly read online.