• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If a Qb is taken early, should he sit or compete first day?

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

If we are sitting there at 6 and have to pick and Neal is there we have to pick Neal.  Just my opinion but no way I am passing on Neal there

Agreed. If Ike, Neal, or Cross are there, I think we definitely go LT over Pickett or any other QB in this draft. We can't be sure about Brady yet and a big FA like T. Armstead will cost too much...on top of that we'd probably have to pay a "we suck" bump on top of the already inflated FA market price for a LT. We really have to go LT if we stay at 6 IMO.

• Pie 3

I would say if you can improve the line at all, you just make it an open competition.   Starting spot shouldnt be handed to them for being drafted nor should it be held from them for being a rookie.  Let their camp and preseason answer the question. 

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, jackson113 said:

Wonder if Rhule will be reluctant to start a rookie QB , or try to prove Darnold is still good? Tepper will probably try and pressure to draft a Qb. 

I think it will depend on how we address the offensive line.  If we fail to get solid free agency on the offensive line starting a rookie would be foolish. 

If we do address the line than let him come in a compete with Darnold and whoever else is on the roster.

I will agree that a Rookie under Rhule probably has an uphill battle, regardless of whether he is better than the current starter.

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

13 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Burrow it. Especially if we get a solid o line

IF.  BIG IF.  tough to get that oline.  To me the free agents got too many miles on them. Rather draft and develop our own oline than try and overpay for one.  

15 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Cam was considered by most to be raw as could be and had back to back 400+ yard games to start his career on his way to ROY. Lawrence was considered the most NFL ready QB since Luck and struggled mightily albeit in a total dumpster fire of a situation. 

I think you play the rookie when you deem him to be ready. I don't think you gain anything by playing him prior to that nor sitting him past that.

Consider the person(s) making those decisions here.

3 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

IF.  BIG IF.  tough to get that oline.  To me the free agents got too many miles on them. Rather draft and develop our own oline than try and overpay for one.  

Chiefs did it in one offseason. Four new starters. One trade, one FA sign and two draft picks.

At least three of those things we could have done in our last offseason. We chose otherwise.

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

We’re not taking a QB this year if we didn’t rate them last year definitely not gonna this year 

Yeah...If we passed on Fields (and Jones) last year, but grab Corral (or Pickett) at 6. There might be riots in downtown Charlotte.

Funny Gifs : riot GIF - VSGIF.com

• Flames 1

7 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

If you buy a sandwich, should you eat it right then when it’s fresh or stick it in the closet for a year?

If you buy freshly made wine,  do you drink it then or let it age a year until it reachs its peak flavor?

• Pie 1