• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers hire Special Teams coach

ncfan

7 minutes ago, Icege said:

Legit surprised.

I assumed that Rhule was just going to promote his ST coach from Baylor that's the assistant now to full-time ST coach.

I've got a feeling he was directed to hire from outside.

They still let him decide who to hire, but he can't just promote or rehire his buddies.

That's a theory, of course. The OL and DL hires will be interesting.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Icege said:

Legit surprised.

I assumed that Rhule was just going to promote his ST coach from Baylor that's the assistant now to full-time ST coach.

It’s almost like a clear cut change has been made.  Whether that is Rhule or an owner demand….Carolina looks to be going from college guys to a pro guys. 

I’d like to see some more shakeup too.  Given how Matt Rhule has explained how they do things….I’d still like some of these guys under the coordinators gone.   For example, the OC doesn’t work up the full game plan.  The staff under him, Rhule’s buddies are tasked with different eras to gameplan each week.  Think some of that needs to shake up too. 

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, CRA said:

It’s almost like a clear cut change has been made.  Whether that is Rhule or an owner demand….Carolina looks to be going from college guys to a pro guys. 

I’d like to see some more shakeup too.  Given how Matt Rhule has explained how they do things….I’d still like some of these guys under the coordinators gone.   For example, the OC doesn’t work up the full game plan.  The staff under him, Rhule’s buddies are tasked with different eras to gameplan each week.  Think some of that needs to shake up too. 

The initial gameplan seemed fine for the most part. It was the lack of good adjustments after the other team adapted that seemed to derail things IMO. Offense was ranked 7th in points for the 1st Quarter while the Defense was ranked 2nd. I'm hoping the added experience improves the other 3 quarters.

EDIT: Oh and excited for the ST hire.

Edited by Evil Hurney
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

It’s a decent hire.   Better than McAdoo.  

if Rhule gets fired in season….we have options.  Fields and the Bears looked pretty dang good vs SF in the game he was the acting HC lol

Was thinking that when I heard he was interviewing. That whole team looked different/played harder the week Nagy was out haha.