• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers hire Special Teams coach

ncfan

3 minutes ago, 1st down said:

Glad to see Rhule finally hiring guys with actual NFL experience. Don’t care if it’s because he was told to do it by Tepper or if he had an epiphany. Either way works if we obtain actual experienced NFL coaches.

Tepper probably said hire some NFL guys or resign. Kinda was hoping he did the latter, but either way we're better off. At least the rookies get some actual NFL experience they can carry over to the next year regardless of what happens. 

Maybe the reporting of him staying hinging on a rockstar hire was distorted truth 

maybe Tepper said if you want to stay then find and hire a NFL staff or something.  I doubt Glazier was 100% wrong on him being told something about hires

• Beer 2

5 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

So Rhule has smarter guys than himself running his teams..If he keeps the job because of this that's some serious privilege

A good leader surrounds himself with smart people, even if they’re smarter than he is. I’m hoping the hiring of experienced is encouraging sign that we’re trending upward. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Prowler2k18 said:

A good leader surrounds himself with smart people, even if they’re smarter than he is. I’m hoping the hiring of experienced is encouraging sign that we’re trending upward. 

True. 

But it’s also a true an incompetent person can have good people around him.  And the fact an incompetent man leads the group defines what ultimately happens in the end. 

I still think Rhule is the problem.  And I have been hard on Fox and Ron at times.   Didn’t think they were great coaches. Incompetent was never a place I went with them.   Even in the dark times they had.  

and maybe Rhule will turn into something one day.  It’s clear he has a long way to go and so don’t expect there to be enough years for him to learn on the job in NFL HC attempt #1. 

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

True. 

But it’s also a true an incompetent person can have good people around him.  And the fact an incompetent man leads the group defines what ultimately happens in the end. 

I still think Rhule is the problem.  And I have been hard on Fox and Ron at times.   Didn’t think they were great coaches. Incompetent was never a place I went with them.   Even in the dark times they had.  

and maybe Rhule will turn into something one day.  It’s clear he has a long way to go and so don’t expect there to be enough years for him to learn on the job in NFL HC attempt #1. 

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

• Beer 1