• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For all the Brady Christensen fans....

kungfoodude

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

It just further shows how poor Rhule is at talent evaluation, in addition to coaching.

A conversation that likely happened last training camp:  

• Scout:  Christensen plays better in space so try him at LT
  • Rhule:  But his arms are 1 inch too short which will prevent him from being a 10 year All Pro
  • Scout:  Christensen might still be an adequate LT with good coaching.  Why don't you try him at LT and let him practice there for his whole rookie season ?
  • Rhule:  But his arms are too short.  I'll move him to Guard.   They have stubby arms.  
  • Scout:  But Christensen doesn't have the size / power for an NFL Guard.  He will struggle with bull rushes.
  • Rhule:  OK.  I'll just keep moving him to different positions on the OL until one of them sticks.
  • Scout:  That will be very detrimental to Christensen's development.  Just pick one position.  Otherwise you won't know what you have with him this year.  
  • Rhule:  I have to go put up my DBO poster now so we'll talk about this next season.  
Edited by BlitzMonster
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Which is exactly what I've been saying and why just screaming we need a new OL coach isn't fixing BC.

You can't fix this level of deficiency in the 10 minutes a practice that Rhule gives the OL coach to do it.

BC should have been honing his craft every offseason from the get go instead of just relying on physical gifts.

We'll see how hard he works in the offseason but he needs to spend probably 2 hrs on this in morning. 

Lift.

2 hrs in afternoon.

At a minimum 

I have long held the opinion that NFL development is largely self motivated. It isn't that NFL coaches can't help but they have a limited amount of time to work with these guys. You have to be trying to get better on your own time. 

There are guys that love this poo and will do anything necessary to excel and then there are the guys that just happen to be good at it.

Brady needs to be on the bench and working on his craft every season/offseason. In the meantime, go find an elite LT prospect. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I have long held the opinion that NFL development is largely self motivated. It isn't that NFL coaches can't help but they have a limited amount of time to work with these guys. You have to be trying to get better on your own time. 

There are guys that love this poo and will do anything necessary to excel and then there are the guys that just happen to be good at it.

Brady needs to be on the bench and working on his craft every season/offseason. In the meantime, go find an elite LT prospect. 

But can you trust Rhule to make that determination? My gut says no. 

5 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

But can you trust Rhule to make that determination? My gut says no. 

Absolutely not. His talent evaluation is a fuging joke. 

As much as the Huddle crowed about the 2020 and 2021 drafts, I believe history is going to be EXTREMELY unkind to them.

I think all my saying, "Well we have the talent to be a good team" is going to look really foolish in 4-5 years.

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

As much as the Huddle crowed about the 2020 and 2021 drafts, I believe history is going to be EXTREMELY unkind to them.

I think all my saying, "Well we have the talent to be a good team" is going to look really foolish in 4-5 years.

I think we could possibly have had good drafts. I also think it's possible Rhule may have the uncanny ability to neutralize own players better than any opposing coordinator ever could. I thought Rivera was bad at putting players in positions to succeed but he is an amateur compared to Rhay-Z. 

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

True but Christensen doesn't even know what position he'll be playing.  It could be any of LT, LG, C, RG according to Rhule.   

Pretty tough to prepare for all of them at the same time.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

How many starters does a draft need to be considered successful to you? Just curious. 

I think there is plenty of talent in our last two drafts. One deserved to be defensive rookie of the year.

It also falls on the coaching/schemes and what they do with the players they have. I seen several defenders/players leave NE on good contracts and underperform on different teams. Several players have done this and come back to NE to play well again. Collins (LB) comes to mind. Coaches have to put players in position to succeed.  You take someone like DJ Moore and let Kyle Shanahan or Andy Reid coach/scheme him and he would be in the Pro Bowl. Matt Ryan won MVP with Shanahan and went back to being average/maybe slightly above average right after he left. 

45 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The 2020 draft might look better if Brown turns it on before his contract year and if Chinn gets moved to either SS or back to LB. 2021 though? Passing on better prospects to churn the bottom of the roster or because Rhule felt they were all roughly the same caliber will not turn out well.

• Beer 1

59 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

How many starters does a draft need to be considered successful to you? Just curious. 

I think there is plenty of talent in our last two drafts. One deserved to be defensive rookie of the year.

It's about the top 4 rounds. If you get multiple top 4 round starters or regular contributors, it is a success. For top 10 picks, you need them to be not only effective starters but borderline Pro Bowlers.

• Pie 1