• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kamara Arrested

BurnNChinn

9 hours ago, top dawg said:

And Snopes is trash why? Oh, I know: because they actually put effort into telling the truth and nothing but the truth.

You need a more reliable source like a random guy who shares your political views on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube that “did his own research”

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

8 hours ago, X-Clown said:

You need a more reliable source like a random guy who shares your political views on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube that “did his own research”

Hey, if it ain't on Fox News, it has to be wrong, right?

Loop Trump GIF

Political views? Do you not think it would be bad for business for a fact checking organization that shares the apolitical facts to swing right or left? What are my political views? Not that I have to tell you, but I will. I am politically unaffiliated. I don't particularly care for Democrats or Republicans, so-called liberals or so-called conservatives, so-called neolibs or so-called neocons. I abhor the current political system in America, but I absolutely have disdain for fascist-supporting simps who are at many times racist as well. I have disdain for people who rail against truth, but devour lies without doing the first bit of research. I hate fascism, and will speak against it at every turn.  If I had my way, people would vote policy over party every single time, indeed parties would be dissolved. I generally think that people whose go-to modus operandi in any thought process or argument is to immediately begin throwing around political labels, or assuming that someone is this or that are basically stupid, and are unwitting pawns of the oligarchs who rule via Plutocrats in Congress (whose goal is to become Oligarchs themselves). 

Believe what you want to believe, but independent journalism, inasmuch as it can be in America, still exists.  Not everything is the truth, and not everything is a lie, but there are organizations that do their best to get to the truth (which is admittedly sometimes a bit tedious to uncover). Snopes and Politifacts are such organizations, whether you acknowledge it or not.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2019/jun/19/viral-image/no-factcheckorg-didnt-bust-snopescom/

21 hours ago, top dawg said:

And Snopes is trash why? Oh, I know: because they actually put effort into telling the truth and nothing but the truth.

no thats not why, but convincing you would be impossible because they say things you agree with. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Panthero said:

no thats not why, but convincing you would be impossible because they say things you agree with. 

That's pretty stupid reasoning as far as I'm concerned, because they divulge information based upon facts they dig up. They are not "saying things [I] disagree with." They are just presenting neutral information. Now if you say that sometimes the truths that they bring up are in line with my general suspicions on a matter, then fine.  But, if you say that they and others bring facts to light that don't disavail my suspicions on certain matters as well, things that I didn't think were in no way true, that were true, then you're absolutely wrong. I could care less whether an organization is so-called conservative or liberal, but don't spread misinformation--even worse, disinformation. Just tell the fuging truth about whatever it is!

22 hours ago, top dawg said:

Yeah... top shelf integrity and nothing but facts. They have always worked super hard for it. Lolz

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/deansterlingjones/snopes-cofounder-plagiarism-mikkelson

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleetaru/2016/12/22/the-daily-mail-snopes-story-and-fact-checking-the-fact-checkers/?sh=21378445227f

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/13/business/media/snopes-plagiarism-David-Mikkelson.html

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

That's pretty stupid reasoning as far as I'm concerned, because they divulge information based upon facts they dig up. They are not "saying things [I] disagree with." They are just presenting neutral information. Now if you say that sometimes the truths that they bring up are in line with my general suspicions on a matter, then fine.  But, if you say that they and others bring facts to light that don't disavail my suspicions on certain matters as well, things that I didn't think were in no way true, that were true, then you're absolutely wrong. I could care less whether an organization is so-called conservative or liberal, but don't spread misinformation--even worse, disinformation. Just tell the fuging truth about whatever it is!

I don't give a poo.