• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Pickett is there, we need to trade down with the Steelers

Chiefzack

On 2/7/2022 at 2:03 PM, ImaginaryKev said:

Corral and Willis are the only two QBs I think should be drafted in the first due to tools and even then I wouldn't take either guy over any of the QBs in last years draft. 

This is just flat-out a well below-average QB class in the 2022 Draft and no sane team would spend a Top Ten pick on one.

Which is why Pickett should already be pondering his choice of number on his Carolina jersey.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Chiefzack said:

Bears receive:

2021 first-round pick (No. 11 QB Justin Fields )

Giants receive:

2021 first-round pick (No. 20 WR Kadarius Toney)

2021 fifth-round pick (No. 164 traded to Broncos)

2022 first-round pick

2022 fourth-round pick

For more background on the deal, click here.

Why would the Bears give the Giants 2 1sts, a 5th, and a 4th for #11 but not give us the same (probably better) package at #8?

This staff drooled over a CB we clearly didn't need and had no intentions of dealing that pick.

I don't remember the report, but I also read somewhere multiple teams called us about #8 for that LT and Fields. 

No I can't prove it, but i seriously doubt the bears didn't offer us AT LEAST what they gave the Giants for Fields.

I mean your statement the staff had no intentions of moving the pick is verifiably false. 

Watch the Camp Confidential video from the draft room. They took calls. Tepper is sitting there stressing they need to listen to everything they say, that they need to let teams know that there are multiple teams calling. 

They are actually sitting there waiting for offers to come in. These wasn't the Gettlemen draft where the pick is in 14 seconds into the clock. They turned down a 2nd and 3rd from MN, they turned down a swap of 4th round picks. The video from inside our own draft room shows them openly lamenting they couldn't trade down and seemingly talking themselves up that "Hey, end of the day we got who we wanted" 

I cant tell you why the Bears wouldn't or didn't make the offer to us. I wasn't in the room for that and there has been no confirmed report that it even was offered. 

What I can tell you is that I doubt that a GM who was open and willing to trade multiple times in almost every round thereafter would seemingly ignore the one trade that could net them the biggest return.

1 hour ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

I mean your statement the staff had no intentions of moving the pick is verifiably false. 

Watch the Camp Confidential video from the draft room. They took calls. Tepper is sitting there stressing they need to listen to everything they say, that they need to let teams know that there are multiple teams calling. 

They are actually sitting there waiting for offers to come in. These wasn't the Gettlemen draft where the pick is in 14 seconds into the clock. They turned down a 2nd and 3rd from MN, they turned down a swap of 4th round picks. The video from inside our own draft room shows them openly lamenting they couldn't trade down and seemingly talking themselves up that "Hey, end of the day we got who we wanted" 

I cant tell you why the Bears wouldn't or didn't make the offer to us. I wasn't in the room for that and there has been no confirmed report that it even was offered. 

What I can tell you is that I doubt that a GM who was open and willing to trade multiple times in almost every round thereafter would seemingly ignore the one trade that could net them the biggest return.

How do we know the Bears did not contact the team either off camera or before the draft about moving the pick.

Camp Confidential inevitability I'm sure had scenes cut out of it.

I seriously doubt the Bears had zero interest in the Panthers pick but were suddenly willing to go get their guy at #11 for 2 1sts and a 4th and a 5th. 

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

That would have been a great deal for us. We could have grabbed Darrisaw who really improved for the Vikings and looks like he may be a solid LT. Then we would have had pick 6 and 7. Could have grabbed Stingley/Gardner to make up for Horn and Linderbaum at C or traded down a bit to grabbed two IOL.

this fan base would have gone nuts if we traded all the way back to 20.  Not saying we shouldn't have, but I can hear it now, "all of the elite players will be gone after pick 8"

4 hours ago, Chiefzack said:

How do we know the Bears did not contact the team either off camera or before the draft about moving the pick.

Camp Confidential inevitability I'm sure had scenes cut out of it.

I seriously doubt the Bears had zero interest in the Panthers pick but were suddenly willing to go get their guy at #11 for 2 1sts and a 4th and a 5th. 

We simply don't know that they did or didn't. I 100% agree they didn't show everything in camp confidential. 

You can seriously doubt they didn't make that offer - I can seriously doubt we wouldn't have accepted given our actions in every round that followed. Until something definitive comes out to the contrary both of those statements are purely speculative.