• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Mills makes the Hall of Fame

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

Seymour does not deserve to be in the HOF. Should've been Torry Holt instead.

Richard Seymour was a solid DT but In my opinion not really a HOF DT. 

Tony Boselli - Um ok I just remember him being hurt all the time. Would probably take Jordan Gross over him. 

cliff Branch - never heard of him 

LeRoy Butler - another guy I’d lump in with Boselli and Seymour. Very good players but nothing special I can remember about them. 

Dick Vermiel - seems like a class act and a gentleman but this looks like when the Acadmey gives an honorary Oscar to a really old actor  

Bryant Young - agree with this one. Thought he would have been in already. Dominant player. 

Sam Mills - ok 

IMHO - this is the weakest HOF class I’ve seen that I have actually paid attention to. I’ll concede Young but the eye test looks like this class deserves to be in the “hall of very good” and not the hall of fame. I’m sure some nerd like Scott will interject and tell me about some fumble recover Butler had or post a clip of Boselli pancaking people and call me stupid. 

No disrespect to any of these guys 

12 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Correct. Steve Smith will be our first drafted player select to the HOF.

I actually think Peppers is going to be the first.   Peppers gets eligible in 2024 and I think he is going in first ballot.  

I think 89 is going to take a while.  Too many WRs in the same general range.  None of the WRs from group of guys got in this year.  Some had already been up for consideration before 89.  So I think WRs are slowly going get in just because there are going to be so many with comparable resumes.   89 gets in.  But I think there are going to let some of those guys with rings in before him. 

Peppers won't have the positional competition that 89 has. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

If a declaration was required he'd probably go in as a Saint...

image.thumb.png.1a25b3110e68e62bb1596c57d81f7032.png

In all honesty I'd probably have him in twice if a team designation had to be made. First as a mostly Saints player and then a second time for pretty much being the whole foundation for the Panthers as a coach. 

• Beer 1

On 2/11/2022 at 1:56 PM, 4Corners said:

Richard Seymour was a solid DT but In my opinion not really a HOF DT. 

Tony Boselli - Um ok I just remember him being hurt all the time. Would probably take Jordan Gross over him. 

cliff Branch - never heard of him 

LeRoy Butler - another guy I’d lump in with Boselli and Seymour. Very good players but nothing special I can remember about them. 

Dick Vermiel - seems like a class act and a gentleman but this looks like when the Acadmey gives an honorary Oscar to a really old actor  

Bryant Young - agree with this one. Thought he would have been in already. Dominant player. 

Sam Mills - ok 

IMHO - this is the weakest HOF class I’ve seen that I have actually paid attention to. I’ll concede Young but the eye test looks like this class deserves to be in the “hall of very good” and not the hall of fame. I’m sure some nerd like Scott will interject and tell me about some fumble recover Butler had or post a clip of Boselli pancaking people and call me stupid. 

No disrespect to any of these guys 

Again, congrats to Sam Mills, well deserved!

Looking at your list it is crazy to me that another finalist LB, Zach Thomas didn't get in over several of them

Edited by TheProcess