• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone going to the Megadeth Concert in Greenville?

Datawire

5 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

holy poo, nothing against Dropkick Murphys but that's really what they're charging for general admission?

Yeah, I just checked. It's at Greenfield Lake which is a pretty small, but awesome, outdoor venue. GA tickets are going for 190 and subhub  has then listed at 250 lol

3 hours ago, KSpan said:

Tool, Korn, and Megadeth all come to KC within about 6 weeks of each other. I'm not usually a concert guy these days but this has me thinking hard about it.

Just saw Tool…not sure what kind of fan you are but if you’re old school, don’t do it. They played awful songs. Look up their lineups for this year it’s awful. Hooker with a penis and intolerance were the only good ones for me in a two hour plus concert.

Their 2020 tour was amazing though. It’s rare, but if you ever get a chance to see a perfect circle DO IT. Amazing.

I’ve seen just about every band in metal/grunge from mid nineties to today multiple times. Can’t even list them all. APC was #1 followed by Staind right after their Dysfunction album dropped. They played a lot of their album no one knows about - Tormented which imo is their best, most raw album. I think at one point it got banned it was so brutal. And it’s not on Spotify. Lewis never talks about it or mentions it, it’s even too brutal for his own band. 

Pantera in Texas was insane. Chimaira is always good (they do a lot of shows in SC…or did). Gojira is good, Messhuggah is good. Old, you Manson was great. So was old young slipknot. Chevelle is great,

It’s hard to name every band I’ve been to. Deftones is my favorite band and honesty after 10 shows of them, they’ve always sucked live. Godsmack always sucks live too, never liked their radio carp but if you dig deep on their early albums, it’s great stuff.

But after all the moshing and life at rock and roll concerts, I can honestly one band’s show literally made me fear for my life. Bones were being broken right in front of me (also happened at Staind in their infancy). My best friend crawled out of a mosh with  flood everywhere, face full of mud and blood, nose was shatter, he looked up at me and said bro we have to leave this poo is getting dangerous. It was the funniest poo I’ve ever seen. He is pretty hardcore. That band was Slayer.

APC and Staind (when they were really really young) stick out to me the most. One was 4 or 5 years ago, the other like 24 years ago.

Personally, I’m looking forward to the rage against machine reunion.

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Just saw Tool…not sure what kind of fan you are but if you’re old school, don’t do it. They played awful songs. Look up their lineups for this year it’s awful. Hooker with a penis and intolerance were the only good ones for me in a two hour plus concert.

Their 2020 tour was amazing though. It’s rare, but if you ever get a chance to see a perfect circle DO IT. Amazing.

I’ve seen just about every band in metal/grunge from mid nineties to today multiple times. Can’t even list them all. APC was #1 followed by Staind right after their Dysfunction album dropped. They played a lot of their album no one knows about - Tormented which imo is their best, most raw album. I think at one point it got banned it was so brutal. And it’s not on Spotify. Lewis never talks about it or mentions it, it’s even too brutal for his own band. 

Pantera in Texas was insane. Chimaera is always good.

It’s hard to name every band I’ve been to.

But after all the moshing and life at rock and roll concerts, I can honestly one band’s show literally made me fear for my life. Bones were being broken right in front of me (also happened at Staind in their infancy). My best friend crawled out of a mosh with  flood everywhere, face full of mud and blood, nose was shatter, he looked up at me and said bro we have to leave this poo is getting dangerous. It was the funniest poo I’ve ever seen. He is pretty hardcore. That band was Slayer.

APC and Staind (when they were really really young) stick out to me the most. One was 4 or 5 years ago, the other like 24 years ago.

Personally, I’m looking forward to the rage against machine reunion.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Tool's newer stuff. Haven't bought tickets yet but was thinking about it just because. Sounds like it may be a no-go... thanks for the heads-up.

We saw Korn a few years ago when they rolled through with In This Moment (who my band used to play with/cross paths with at small venues back in the day) and Rob Zombie. That was an awesome show.

Never seen Staind live but we did catch Pantera with Slayer, Static-X, Skrape, and Morbid Angel on the Reinventing the Steel tour. I got my jaw dislocated in the pit during Static-X and we just took in the spectacle from the seats when Slayer and Pantera played. I've never seen anything like that, just a churning sea of humanity simultaneously wrecking each other while also caring for those who got hurt. That was one hell of a show.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, KSpan said:

Tool, Korn, and Megadeth all come to KC within about 6 weeks of each other. I'm not usually a concert guy these days but this has me thinking hard about it.

Do it! 

Got Korn coming up as well but I have only seen them 4 times haha...so. I would go see them again, maybe,  another arena act that slipped my mind. 

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, onmyown said:

Do you know me? Haha damn near the same poo happened to me, only it was at a Nile concert. Broke my damn nose in a mosh pit. Blood everywhere!

But as you mentioned, maybe it was someone else, when you saw a fellow mosher go down. You help them up. It was an interesting dichotomy. Beat the poo out of each other to power chords, and then help your fellow man up when they went down. Reminds me of the old cartoon where Ralph Wolf and Sam Sheepdog were all cordial with each other, until they punched in the time clock. Then beat each others brains in for the day. Morning Ralph, Hello Sam. Evening Sam, Evening Ralph.

Edited by Datawire

57 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Apologies on all the posts…hope it didn’t ruin the thread.  I got carried away a bit.  😬

Nah man, your good you got carried away. I understand. When you get the feeling of the music you love so much, it surfaces. Metal music got me through some really hard times. I'm not saying that you had hard times, just saying it really helped me. The stir of emotions with this type of music is not like others. I should know. I am a recovering drummer. haha

I think the worst time in my life, Pantera Far Beyond Driven got me through it. I had so much internal anger and the band filtered it for me. It was a girlfriend issue, and Pantera's shedding skin helped purge the hurt.

I met Phil I think in 2002 at Ground Zero (before the Dime incident) and I all I wanted to ask him was wtf! WTF! I never got my question out completely and the man saw me and said I know, I know. Then gave me a hug and said im sorry. Phil Anselmo did that.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1