• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone going to the Megadeth Concert in Greenville?

Datawire

9 minutes ago, Datawire said:

Nah man, your good you got carried away. I understand. When you get the feeling of the music you love so much, it surfaces. Metal music got me through some really hard times. I'm not saying that you had hard times, just saying it really helped me. The stir of emotions with this type of music is not like others. I should know. I am a recovering drummer. haha

I think the worst time in my life, Pantera Far Beyond Driven got me through it. I had so much internal anger and the band filtered it for me. It was a girlfriend issue, and Pantera's shedding skin helped purge the hurt.

I met Phil I think in 2002 at Ground Zero (before the Dime incident) and I all I wanted to ask him was wtf! WTF! I never got my question out completely and the man saw me and said I know, I know. Then gave me a hug and said im sorry. Phil Anselmo did that.

Awesome story!  Thats killer
Game Of Thrones Drinking GIF by Sky

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2022 at 9:41 PM, Datawire said:

Anyone else go last week?

It was a good time, LOG rocked the place and old man Dave still has it. I was a little disappointed in Megadeth's sound but, overall great arena experience. If you get a chance again, go!

Caught the tour here in Louisiana when it rolled through on 4/15. Was a very damn good show overall despite having to drive 2 hours (which I do for nearly every worthwhile show). Love all the bands so it was the 2nd time seeing Megadeth (first in 2012), Lamb of God (first in 2016), and In Flames (first in 2017) and the 5th time seeing Trivium (first in 2012, then 2013, 2016, and 2018).

Have to say that Lamb of God absolutely crushed it and the fact they're continuing to put on this top notch of a performance night after night is a testament to how good of a live band they are. Was the first time seeing them with Art Cruz on drums though and while he's damn good, I still feel they'd be even better with Chris Adler still on drums. As a drummer, he's been one drummer that I've always gravitated to his playing style/feel and while they can find others to play those parts he wrote and tracked, Chris Adler is just irreplaceable to me. Maybe I'm just salty they parted ways, LOL. But they were my favorite band from when I found them mid-2004 through 2019 or so until recently being surpassed by both Meshuggah and Gojira; two more bands I'd have a hard time enjoying as much without Haake and Duplantier pounding the skins. 😂

• Flames 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...