• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Harbaugh after Rhule screws up this coming season maybe still?

YourLastThought

I just read this article and it looks like Kim Harbaugh could easily be pulled from Michigan for a small bounty paid. Did he do this on purpose? Sure sounds like he really wants another crack at the NFL. I think most of us realize Rhule is not cut out to coach in the NFL so those of us who believe this are assuming he will flame out again this next season and further put us in the wrong direction. With those of us in that mindset do you all think Harbaugh could be convinced to leave Michigan for the Panthers? After Rhule screws up yet another season I'm hopeful Tepper will be open to firing his ass and interviewing a guy like Harbaugh who at one time looked like a very solid up and coming coach. I don't want our team to further go down the toilet but let's not kid ourselves by history alone as well as Rhule's propensity to make excuses and throw others under the bus but I don't have much faith in him at all this season. I have a bad feeling Tepper will learn the hard way by end of this season that Rhule just can't get it done so maybe Harbaugh could be in our future?

https://www.nfl.com/news/buyout-for-jim-harbaugh-s-new-contract-at-michigan-leaves-door-open-for-nfl-retu

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

That embarrassing episode with minny makes hit pause on harbaugh and question whether or not he's a guy that a team would actually want to work with.

Why did they really not want to bother with him. Is his ego too big? 

Also, Rhule has kind of ruined the idea of hiring a coach out of college for me. The mindset and coaching style for a college coach vs. pro coach is different. I know Harbaugh has pro experience as a player and HC and he's had success, but college coaches coach college ball for a reason that isn't just money. It's where they belong. Same with pro coaches. 

He might be good, but I would rather look elsewhere....mainly at coaches who coach adults. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

47 minutes ago, Waldo said:

The list of better coaches and front office people is so long it's not worth locking onto just one guy.

We got a long year ahead of us, I'm here to laugh at these failures before I can begin to get serious about this team again.

Well if you are here to laugh at blunders and failures I have a feeling 2022 season will offer many with our fearless leader at the helm.

Edited by YourLastThought
  • Beer 1

I don't care about Minny, Michigan or anything else because I saw what Harbaugh did with the 49ers as an actual NFL head coach. Getting to the Super Bowl and coming damn close to winning did not happen by mistake.  I am not taking that for granted. 

Is he quirky with a big ego? Probably. Does he rub people the wrong way? Maybe.  Was he a successful coach on the professional level. Yes! Would I take a chance that he's learned some lessons from his past stint in the league? Hell yeah!

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

That embarrassing episode with minny makes hit pause on harbaugh and question whether or not he's a guy that a team would actually want to work with.

Also, Rhule has kind of ruined the idea of hiring a coach out of college for me. The mindset and coaching style for a college coach vs. pro coach is different. I know Harbaugh has pro experience as a player and HC and he's had success, but college coaches coach college ball for a reason that isn't just money. It's where they belong. Same with pro coaches. 

He might be good, but I would rather look elsewhere....mainly at coaches who coach adults. 

Yeah, college coaches in all facets are very aggressive with players. I liken that to being at a Tennessee basketball coaching camp once. Pat Summit went up to a kid for making a mental mistake and stopped the practice to shout "Don't think I won't pull your scholarship. Get your ass in gear and quit f*cking it up!" Those type of motivational bursts are will not work with some players and you can get tuned out quickly.

People analyze in a vacuum. Yeah Harbaugh got the 9ers to a championship  game, but the roster had been built over the course of 8-10 years of high first round picks from the early Alex Smith days and a couple years of mediocrity before Alex. He showed up to excellent veteran leadership and a stable of horses.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

The list of better coaches and front office people is so long it's not worth locking onto just one guy.

We got a long year ahead of us, I'm here to laugh at these failures before I can begin to get serious about this team again.

Better than Jim Harbaugh? Is that a joke? My how short Peoples memories are.

24 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Better than Jim Harbaugh? Is that a joke? My how short Peoples memories are.

The list is of better options than what we have, which is an incredibly low bar. I think you need to re-read what I wrote (I'm not a wordsmith so I apologize for my mess). 

It also isn't Jim it's Kim lol. And the real one just upped his contract with Michigan after completely using the Viks to get a pay raise. Yeah he would ruin us and leave with bags of money lol. He is more than Tepper can handle sadly so yeah I don't want to see him here and not because he isn't a really good coach. 

If I were Tepper, my goal for 2022 would be to make the team as attractive as possible for a new coach.  That means building what you can this year ( improve that OL ), keep all of the 2023 draft picks and don't hand out any crazy new contracts that would limit the future salary cap.   Eat the bad contracts on the books this year so in 2023 the team's cap would be pretty open.  

Do all of that and the team will be attractive to lots of potential new coaches.  

In particular don't let Rhule mortgage the future with stupid draft picks, trading away picks or giving out sweetheart contracts to save his job.  

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

I agree 

38 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

If I were Tepper, my goal for 2022 would be to make the team as attractive as possible for a new coach.  That means building what you can this year ( improve that OL ), keep all of the 2023 draft picks and don't hand out any crazy new contracts that would limit the future salary cap.   Eat the bad contracts on the books this year so in 2023 the team's cap would be pretty open.  

Do all of that and the team will be attractive to lots of potential new coaches.  

In particular don't let Rhule mortgage the future with stupid draft picks, trading away picks or giving out sweetheart contracts to save his job.  

I wish I believed we had the capability for that much competency. I have a bad feeling Tepper will learn what a lame duck year in the NFL is after this experience and that there is no such forethought or planning going on inhouse currently. 'Rhule can still turn it around like he did in school every 3 years'....even tho we already screwed up year 2 against that hope. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

I don't care about Minny, Michigan or anything else because I saw what Harbaugh did with the 49ers as an actual NFL head coach. Getting to the Super Bowl and coming damn close to winning did not happen by mistake.  I am not taking that for granted. 

Is he quirky with a big ego? Probably. Does he rub people the wrong way? Maybe.  Was he a successful coach on the professional level. Yes! Would I take a chance that he's learned some lessons from his past stint in the league? Hell yeah!

Here's one thing to consider, and I'm saying this as someone who for years has been on the jim harbaugh bandwagon, could he have done that with any other team or was it just a matter of right place, right time, right crew(players)?

If not, then why has he not had a dominant team outside of that? I mean there for a minute Stanford was pretty good, but they also had a pretty good QB. Since San Fran, where has the success been?

• Beer 3