• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we draft a QB, I want Carson Strong

Ricky Spanish

4 hours ago, davos said:

Both Strong and Corral just seem to have that smell about them that this draft process has not gone in their favor.  There's just a sense of off-puttance by teams with them compared to Willis, Ridder, Howell & Pickett.

Hell, I've seen more promising whispers about Jack Coan and Aqeel Glass.  

They were wrong about Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Russell Wilson. They put everybody ahead of them the same way their doing Strong. They put Zach Wilson ahead of Fields and Mac Jones.

Does any of that prove that the pundits or scouts are better at this than the common fan?

Nope. They're not.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

That's a pretty delusional thing to say considering that plenty of scouts have said that he has elite traits. Moreover, he's played against more NFL-level competition over his career than any of them. I guess you know more than the scouts...

I live in Mississippi, watch most of his games and seen him in person. He is a less talented Baker Mayfield and no, he is not a starting NFL QB. And unlike you, I didn't realize this from watching a few film clips vs Vanderbilt. Sorry if you don't like it, but the truth hurts

• The D 1

6 hours ago, top dawg said:

I don't know of any scout that has said that. He could be a good value pick on day 3, but he isn't sniffing day 1. He is largely immobile, has concerning problems with pressure, doesn't see ancillary defenders any where near a pro level, and takes some unnecessary risks with the ball. 

No actual scout will tell you anything. 

If you mean the guys that own scouting websites or contribute to the NFL scouting pages - they're not scouts.

How is the Carson Strong conversation so toxic? lol

-Arm is fine. Not as good as Willis/Corral probably right there with Pickett 
-Has zero mobility 
-Locks in on first receiver often 
-Good accuracy
-Pocket awareness and movement are not there 
-Good varied and layered throws at multiple levels 
-Has a longer wind up 
-No plan B if first two reads is there. Either chuck it or get nailed
-Quite a few "wow" throws
-Clear leader of that team

There are multiple times on tape where he kind of just gets layed the hell out. That won't fly in the NFL. Longer release does him zero favors.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, rippadonn said:

They were wrong about Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and Russell Wilson. They put everybody ahead of them the same way their doing Strong. They put Zach Wilson ahead of Fields and Mac Jones.

Does any of that prove that the pundits or scouts are better at this than the common fan?

Nope. They're not.

I'm not saying they're right or wrong. I'm saying there's a smell.  

12 minutes ago, Verge said:

-Has zero mobility 
-Good accuracy
-Has a longer wind up 

There are multiple times on tape where he kind of just gets layed the hell out. That won't fly in the NFL. Longer release does him zero favors.

There was also talk of immaturity.  I think he is a late round pick.  If he is picked before round 3 I would be surprised honestly 

I would rank these guys this way…

Pickett

Willis

Howell

Corral

Ridder

everyone else

Edited by Shocker

10 minutes ago, Verge said:

-Has zero mobility 
-Good accuracy
-Has a longer wind up 

Not toxic, just @rippadonn has a firm grip on strongs right nut, while @OldhamAhas the left rapped up tight. If its a troll, it a firm act thats not breaking the role. I sorta like strong as a 4-7 type of guy, I mean all he has to do is beat out PJ walker, come on.... Every draft some posters have their dream pick, i get it.  

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

1 hour ago, Verge said:

-Has zero mobility 
-Good accuracy
-Has a longer wind up 

High IQ guy who is actually calling plays at the line himself. Great student of the game, so much so his coaches gave him full autonomy, meaning they trust the kid with their job.

Very very accurate deep ball probably the most accurate deep ball in the class certainly more accurate and just as strong as Willis.

He's a big enough body to where I've seen him shed defenders. Very good subtle pocket movement to extend plays. Can push the ball down the field with his elite arm.

They say this and that but you can't put together the last two seasons he had without getting the ball out and being that accurate.

Pundits slobbering over potential is nothing new. 

Steelers are meeting with Carson today so if the media and the Panthers want to ignore the best combination of armstrength and accuracy in this draft the Steelers, Broncos, and Colts will gladly avail themselves while the Panthers hope on potential and hope Pick It and Willis attain NFL accuracy all of a sudden.