• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Elden Ring

Shocker

Update after about 40 hours of gameplay.  This game is enormous.  So many different things to discover and builds to try.  The combat is great as expected.  Over 80 bosses?  It is a masterpiece game, pretty sure even after my limited hours.  Slight warning that the learning curve is pretty high especially for someone not familiar with FromSoftware games.  It can be quite confusing for some time early but eventually it clicks.  One thing that I can say for sure is this game is incredibly hard to put down.  Addictive is an understatement.  If you like Souls type games you will love this, just need to get used to the open world and be patient for a bit.

After my 40 hours I have explored only 3 of the 5 areas and only like visited 2 of those 3.  Exploring is pretty fun.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

20 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

There is a ton to explore, I have over 20 hours in and have only beaten the 2nd main boss. 

There are tons of optional bosses

Yeah, 83 bosses in total.  Pretty crazy.  Getting more INT and FAITH at the moment...gotta check out all incantations and sorcereries now.  Killer game.

45 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Im on the full moon witch now. 

I had to take a break from the Bloodhound Knight Darriwill.  Spent over an hour trying to down him.  Boss is lightening fast and deadly.  His three hit combo stun locks me and its over.  Fun stuff.

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I had to take a break from the Bloodhound Knight Darriwill.  Spent over an hour trying to down him.  Boss is lightening fast and deadly.  His three hit combo stun locks me and its over.  Fun stuff.

That was a tough fight, im using his sword now. It took me quite a few tries to beat him. 

The full moon witch is a main boss, she can summon a copy of Darriwill during the 2nd phase of her fight. I just died to her and only needed to hit her once more to win. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

That was a tough fight, im using his sword now. It took me quite a few tries to beat him. 

The full moon witch is a main boss, she can summon a copy of Darriwill during the 2nd phase of her fight. I just died to her and only needed to hit her once more to win. 

Yeah, I kept getting Margit to a few hits and he would smoke me.  I have trouble taking my time with longer boss fights.  You would think that Darkeater Midir would have taught me something.  That boss was a wall for weeks for me.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Just wondering have you played Sekiro?  That game had really stiff difficulty in terms of bosses until you learn patterns.  Amazing game but crazy difficult bosses IMO.

No I have not, I have it on game pass for pc, but I have not played it

I just upgraded my gpu to a 3060 ti and elden ring is the first game im playing on it. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

No I have not, I have it on game pass for pc, but I have not played it

I just upgraded my gpu to a 3060 ti and elden ring is the first game im playing on it. 

Cool, if you haven’t tried Dark Souls trilogy, Bloodborne (favorite game, masterpiece) and Sekiro I envy you.  Such great games to lose countless hours