• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 Charlotte FC Game Thread

MillionDollarCam

14 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Big win for The Crown today, momentarily in 7th which is a playoff spot.

Goals by Shinyashiki and Rios.

Knowing they didn't have a goalie really frustrated me to see so many shots not on goal. We needed to pepper him with direct shots and wait for the inevitable mistakes. I was glad for the win but wasn't happy we dominated but really had few scoring chances.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Knowing they didn't have a goalie really frustrated me to see so many shots not on goal. We needed to pepper him with direct shots and wait for the inevitable mistakes. I was glad for the win but wasn't happy we dominated but really had few scoring chances.

Right now we still are going for the perfect shot that makes espn. I feel like every shot is a power shot. Not much finesse with our shots on goal. Also when we have an opportunity at 2 v 1 we usually have the guy with the ball taking the shot. Need to have a setup guy. To be honest, Karol seems to be our best crosser which makes it hard since he is our supposed target guy. 

1 hour ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Right now we still are going for the perfect shot that makes espn. I feel like every shot is a power shot. Not much finesse with our shots on goal. Also when we have an opportunity at 2 v 1 we usually have the guy with the ball taking the shot. Need to have a setup guy. To be honest, Karol seems to be our best crosser which makes it hard since he is our supposed target guy. 

Reyna to me is the best passer in the final third. Karol is always trying to shoot and passes when he doesn't have a line versus Reyna who is looking to set up other guys.  But Reyna is hurt which is why Vargas came in and did a great job. I think our problem is we still don't work together with a unified idea of how to attack the defense. We rely on individual heroics and opportunity rather than a planful attack with everyone on the same page.

• Pie 1

Charlotte FC takes on New York Red Bulls tomorrow in the round of 16 of the U.S. Open Cup. If they win, they will host the next round.

Charlotte will be without Armour, Fuchs, Hegardt, Mello, and Reyna. I believe they’ll also be without Swiderski and Makoun who are on international assignment. Jozwiak should be available but he will be heading back to Poland soon for international duty as well.

Camera angle is giving me a headache.. anywho, choppy bit of play to end the first half, still 1-1.

Couple of notes:

- If Walkes can play LCB then I’d insert him in for Makoun. Makoun has been terrible and is constantly getting beat.

- Jones might have to come in for Bronico or maybe Franco comes in for Bronico and Alcivar moves back to CDM. Bronico is on a yellow and you can’t risk him picking up a second one.

- Jozwiak has been invisible, it’s time for Vargas to come on.

4-3-3 again tonight against Seattle, it would be nice not to give up a goal in the first 20 minutes.

Starting XI (subs in parentheses)

GK - Kahlina (Marks)

LB - Mora

LCB - Makoun (Fuchs)

RCB - Corujo (Walkes)

RB - Lindsey (Afful)

LCM - Bender (Ortiz)

CDM - Bronico (Jones)

RCM - Alcivar (Ruiz)

LW - Shinyashiki (Jozwiak)

ST - Rios

RW - Gaines (Vargas)