• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Liberty QB Malik Willis met with the Panthers

MechaZain

6 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Sorry but I wouldn’t take this guy at 6, has Trey Lance written all over him

Or worse, justin fields. All these qbs are busts and the media is pushing these guys always for hype. See jamarcis russell and pickles claussen

34 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Or worse, justin fields. All these qbs are busts and the media is pushing these guys always for hype. See jamarcis russell and pickles claussen

Let’s judge QBs by their rookie years and let me know how that turns out…

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I get the trade past us but nobody is going to trade with us because they think we like a qb.  That literally doesnt make sense.   I also think it would cost too much for another team to move to 4 or 5 even if its someone like Denver or Wash.  They would have to give up a lot to move up from 9 or 11.   I dont think there is a qb that someone will fall in love with so might as well just hold what you got.  I just dont see any trades happening around our position.

Maybe Willis maybe if he blows the doors off the combine but even then his tape is his tape and that is a tough one to overcome.  Then we get to pickett.  You see anyone trading up for him?  I sure as hell dont

Even if nobody trades in front of us we lose nothing by pretending we want a QB.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

You really see Matt Rhule taking a guy that needs a few years before he'll be ready at #6?

i mean he traded a high 2 for a guy that will never be ready even after playing for a few years

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Sorry but I wouldn’t take this guy at 6, has Trey Lance written all over him

Trey Lance is in no possible way considered a bust so I really don’t get this analogy? If we could get Trey Lance at 6 I would take him in a heartbeat.

Edited by shaq
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, shaq said:

Trey Lance is in no possible way considered a bust so I really don’t get this analogy? If we could get Trey Lance at 6 I would take him in a heartbeat.

Right? I don’t understand this logic. If we have Lance waiting to start this year, I’d be pumped! 

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

On the First Draft podcast Todd McShay said he has heard that teams will just start him early and work through it.  Teams appear to think he can handle the curve mentally so why not.  Interesting with him coming from Liberty but he has some maturity and mental make up that is impressing people.

I wouldn’t take him at six if I were the GM but I wouldn’t hate it if we did

No clue how we fix OL at that point but we would probably throw some big money around in FA

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/16/espn-panthers-free-agent-commanders-brandon-scherff/

This would be a good start. Hell even Norwell would be a huge (pun intended) upgrade! Plus draft some big guys to compete with Brown in the 4th or later… This would all fall on hoping BC can hold down LT as well. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

You really see Matt Rhule taking a guy that needs a few years before he'll be ready at #6?

As obvious as that is; I hadn't really thought about how even in the draft he may only make moves for the short-term to save himself.  One would think Fitt and Tepper won't allow that this time.