• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would this get you excited for this season?

Zod

18 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

He’s played the last two years with two teams he signed with late and one in the middle of the season. Yet he still managed to be the only one out there scoring TDs. No QB and I mean not a single one is going to be successful when they barely know the plays. In NE he scored more total TDs than Brady did in his last season there. It’s more than just about the QB. 

Jesus Christ

6 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

He’s played the last two years with two teams he signed with late and one in the middle of the season. Yet he still managed to be the only one out there scoring TDs. No QB and I mean not a single one is going to be successful when they barely know the plays. In NE he scored more total TDs than Brady did in his last season there. It’s more than just about the QB. 

Cam dragged a WR core of Philly Brown, Rookie Devin Funchess, Ted Ginn and Jericho Cotchery (who caught it) to the super bowl with Mike Remmers as his starting RT.

His MVP year was 2015. By the start of next season, that will be 7 years(!) since he was a top QB in the league. 

Rivera ran him into the ground and he is a shell of the QB he once was. He is past his peak. It sucks, but it's true. He has not come close to playing at that same level consistently ever since. There are games of good play sprinkled in here and there, but the vast majority of his play these days has been sub-par. 

Yes he came in late last season and tried to learn the offense on the fly. He was still missing receivers and making bad throws even when he did have time, which I will admit wasn't often. 

People have a death grip on the good old days trying to choke them back into existence. It's not going to happen. Even if Cam does play better than he has for the past 5 years, we still have Matt Rhule as our HC. Any good that the resurrection of prime Cam would provide would be immediately neutered by Rhule's incompetence. 

If Cam has a chance to be better (That's a big IF for me), then I don't want him to do it here with us. He doesn't deserve that. Let him go somewhere with competent coaching and a chance to get a ring. He still has value as a former MVP with experience that could help a younger QB succeed and potentially provide relief in the event of injury. Have him go to Buffalo, Seattle, Green Bay, KC, Philly, SF, or LA and back up the starter. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Zod said:

Cam signs a one year deal to mentor Malik Willis who sits early and starts to spell Cam as the season goes on.

The offensive line gets improved through starting Brown and Brady plus a key free agent.

Excited?

Been saying THIS for a minute, Cam was always the PERFECT bridge QB and was cheaper than TB the year he was released. Allows the team to compete at a high-level while not FORCING the issue with a rookie.

People forget Tannehill earned an extension before Gase, he was ALREADY consider good in MIA. Darnold has / had NOTHING but bad tape with some highlights sprinkled in. 

The fact these morons traded 3 picks for a guy likely to be released as he was in his 4th year, and no future guarantees on a team that was taking a QB #2 continues to remind me this FO / Staff didn't have a clue wtf they were doing. 

I am concerned that they STILL don't know wtf they are doing, and are reluctant to make ''common sense'' decisions. 

3 hours ago, Zod said:

Cam signs a one year deal to mentor Malik Willis who sits early and starts to spell Cam as the season goes on.

The offensive line gets improved through starting Brown and Brady plus a key free agent.

Excited?

Let me put it this way...

If your primary goal is to generate some short-term excitement, you're not particularly concerned about building for the future and you want to potentially give David Tepper a reason to keep Matt Rhule around for a little longer, then yes this is a great idea.

Otherwise, not so much.

• Flames 1

Nope. Willis will not be a star in the NFL, IMHO. His passing was average at best in college and he will not be able to scramble in the NFL. And when he does, he will begin to get battered like Jackson, and well ... like Cam. I don't get why everyone is so into guys like Cam, Jackson, and Hurts. Give me a guy like Mahomes ... who CAN scramble if needed but is more about passing ... you know, what a QB is supposed to do. BTW ... this is all if you're talking pick #6. Want to gamble on the kid with your 4th? Ok. But he won't last that long. He'll go at the end of the 1st.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Zod said:

Excited?

Nope. The architects of the mess that is the Carolina Panthers, Tepper and Rhule, will still be in charge. Plus Brown and Brady are probably not true starting caliber NFL players. Brady may end up a good backup though.

53 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I know you're a huge Cam homer, but at least do a little research and tell the truth. Newton did not have more TDs in NE in 2020 than Brady did in 2019, which was his last season there.

Newton threw for 8 TDs and rushed for 12 more which adds up to 20.

Brady threw for 24 TDs and rushed for 3 more which adds up to 27.

10 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Nope. Willis will not be a star in the NFL, IMHO. His passing was average at best in college and he will not be able to scramble in the NFL. And when he does, he will begin to get battered like Jackson, and well ... like Cam. I don't get why everyone is so into guys like Cam, Jackson, and Hurts. Give me a guy like Mahomes ... who CAN scramble if needed but is more about passing ... you know, what a QB is supposed to do. BTW ... this is all if you're talking pick #6. Want to gamble on the kid with your 4th? Ok. But he won't last that long. He'll go at the end of the 1st.

Some said the same thing about Mahomes and Murray.  The guy has talent and what he needs is a QB in front of him so he can learn.  

If we could trade down get him and an offensive linemen and let him play behind Cam.  He'll learn.

Cam may be done but he's still better than any QB on our roster and better than most of those that are free agents. 

I'd rather ride with Cam than Darnold and draft a rookie than to throw more money at the QB position in a Veteran that has as many question marks as they do answers. 

I don’t think so 

I’m trying to decide on paying the season ticket invoice when it comes in a week or two  or just turning them back in after 22 years.

to be very truthful, I don’t think there is anything with Matt Rhule’s name attached to it that would make me want to pay that invoice 

Cam has no desire to come back here.  All a person has to do is watch his exit interview 

I imagine  going from Rivera and Bellinchek to Rhule was quite a shock.  Besides Cam is a shell of himself.  It would take quite a bit of money for Cam to rejoin the Rhule poo show    Truthfully, I wish Cam would retire for his health. Taken far too many hits 

No. Willis is a massive project, exciting to some degree but odds are he won't work out at all. Not too interested in seeing Cam as starter either, much better than Darnold trash but would rather go for a big dog or just flat out tank.