• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio: Panthers understand they have to give up 3 firsts, another pick, and 1-2 (Chinn, Burns, Brown, Horn)

Kraybrothers

Per Aaron Wilson's article 

The Panthers, sources say, wouldn’t be willing to trade Brian Burns or Jeremy Chinn. But other players that could be involved in a potential Watson deal are running back Christian McCaffrey, defensive tackle Derrick Brown, and wide receiver DJ Moore. 

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

On one hand its been refreshing to see an owner put his foot down and not tolerate stagnation. But it is alarming that he seems to meddle too much. I feel like he risks stalling necessary growth and road bumps to chase instant success. 

Except he has allowed it. Rhule still has a job here.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Won't trade Burns or Chinn but will Moore? Why tf would Deshaun Watson want to come here to throw to Robby Anderson as his #1 receiver behind a swiss cheese OL?

Yeah.  No OL, Anderson as his #1, Rhule as his coach with a time bomb ticking under his chair.  Perfect!

Houston is going to milk this thing to the point where they don't get anywhere near what they are wanting.   If the Eagles dropped out, they were one of three teams that had enough cap space without huge changes to be realistic.  They were also one of two that had enough draft capital to actually make the deal. 

Before this is over, it is possible everybody involved winds up skillfully screwing themselves.

1 minute ago, ECUPantherFan said:

It doesn’t matter if we don’t fix the OL.  Deshaun Watson will look like PJ Walker behind this line.  I see him checking out mentally after taking a beating the first few weeks behind this OL.

I can’t see why he would want to come here

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Evil Hurney said:

I think that takes the list of realistic suitors down to:

• Raiders
  • Lions
  • Panthers
  • Seahawks

Based upon current QB, division, cap space, and no putting out disinterest

From what I can see, you are correct.  It's always possible somebody like the Eagles puts out disinterest as a smokescreen or to ground the Texans' increasing demands. 

I haven't heard much about the Lions in this mess.  But they do have two first rounders this year, albeit one of them being the Rams' #32 pick.

7 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Easier to hit on 4th round wide receivers than 4th DEs.

Oh it's easy for Carolina huh? 😂👀

Panthers WR's drafted since 2010:

Brandon LaFell Armanti Edwards David Gettis Kealoha Pilares Joe Adams Kelvin Benjamin Devin Funchess Curtis Samuel DJ Moore

24 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I want Rhule gone and I think this team won't have a chance until he is  gone, but I don't want it done because some player won't come here unless he gets his HC of choice.

Once Tepper opens this Pandora's Box there will be no closing it.

It will be Watson's team and Tepper will be dancing to his tune.

All the coaches will be walking around on eggshells for fear that they might displease Deshaun. 

This situation is reminiscent of when the Panthers OC was not permitted to talk to Steve Smith, only worse.  

• Beer 1