• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, it's gonna be a meltdown either way. If we trade the entire organization for him... meltdown. If he forces himself somewhere else... meltdown.

The only thing I can guarantee coming out of this situation is a huddle meltdown.

Even though he's cleared on the criminal stuff for now, Tepper is really taking a gamble on when Watson actually has to speak in the civil cases and will probably have to go into graphic detail about whatever went down. And then you want to fill up the stadiums and market him to kids somehow to sell jersey's or whatever. That's the dark poo capitalist approach that's keeping me in disarray. Tepper's probably hoping winning games or some other scandal distracts people eventually. I'm not religious or conservative at all but that's some weird poo for parents to explain why the QB was in lawsuits for like 2 years

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

And then you want to fill up the stadiums and market him to kids somehow to sell jersey's or whatever.

The vast majority of fans care solely about wins and losses.  If the team is winning, fans will show up.  Will have nothing to do with how people perceive Watson as a person.

And yes, I acknowledge there are fans out there who would be disgruntled by the trade.  But the number of people who would actually stop being a fan of the team and no longer attend the games (who otherwise did attend the games) is in all likelihood a vocal minority.

Ben was accused of rape and Steelers didn't struggle to fill their stadium.  At the end of the day it will come down to wins and losses.  

Besides, it can't get worse than last year.  I remember going to the Vikings game and I'm pretty damn sure Vikings fans were far, far louder than Panthers fans.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 7
  • Beer 2

29 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Even though he's cleared on the criminal stuff for now, Tepper is really taking a gamble on when Watson actually has to speak in the civil cases 

Based upon earlier behavior, Tepper apparently has no issues with the gamble.

Remember that according to reports, while Miami wanted all the cases settled before a trade, Tepper and the Panthers were okay moving ahead with the trade even if all the cases weren't settled. This was back in October, well before the criminal matter was resolved. Reportedly, Watson didn't waive the no-trade for us at that time. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Mage said:

The vast majority of fans care solely about wins and losses.  If the team is winning, fans will show up.  Will have nothing to do with how people perceive Watson as a person.

And yes, I acknowledge there are fans out there who would be disgruntled by the trade.  But the number of people who would actually stop being a fan of the team and no longer attend the games (who otherwise did attend the games) is in all likelihood a vocal minority.

Ben was accused of rape and Steelers didn't struggle to fill their stadium.  At the end of the day it will come down to wins and losses.  

Besides, it can't get worse than last year.  I remember going to the Vikings game and I'm pretty damn sure Vikings fans were far, far louder than Panthers fans.

Like it or not

vince-staples-fax.gif

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Based upon earlier behavior, Tepper apparently has no issues with the gamble.

Remember that according to reports, while Miami wanted all the cases settled before a trade, Tepper and the Panthers were okay moving ahead with the trade even if all the cases weren't settled. This was back in October, well before the criminal matter was resolved. Reportedly, Watson didn't waive the no-trade for us at that time. 

Yeah from a business standpoint I'm thinking Tepper is willing to gamble, even if it involves him under the table telling Watson he can be involved in the HC decision after this year if Rhule continues to flop. It's such a weird balance of success/profit/unknowing of the civil trials but it's definitely like some movie Any Given Sunday type poo with some subject matter changed