• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

I need more sleep but shouldn’t we be able to tell who by how much cap they clear? 

Yeah I’d assume if they start clearing large amounts then something is up but I’m also assuming whoever gets Watson immediately gives him a new contract. So who knows. I’m just ready for this to be over. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I need more sleep but shouldn’t we be able to tell who by how much cap they clear? 

Yes. It will require a flurry of moves. Roby and Davenport are done. They need a deal with Armstead, plus restructures with most or all of the following: Hill, Onyemata, Davis, Jenkins. The number I get playing those out (other than Armstead) is about $36.5M cleared. Armstead is set to count about $13M in dead. They can extend him and lower that hit. How low can they go is the question regarding their flexibility, because there isn’t much else they can do. They could pull Deonte Harty’s tender and save about $3-4M.

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

You have renewed my hope, if only slightly.

EDIT: And I know NO is fuging grimy and always finds ways to slither around the cap, but I just don't know how they can do it if that is true, PLUS sign Armstead and Fuller.  We can do that.

I'm beginning to question the credibility of all of these reporters saying NO is favored if the NFL's own Sirius station knows NO can't actually do the deal.  Than why are they reporting they are frontrunners if they can't complete the trade other than to just try to make us bid against ourselves...

And also, if that is true, we should probably pull back on some of the assets we're offering, considering it would realistically only be us and the Browns who could pull the trade off.  fug the Aints.  fug the Texans.  And fug the NFL and their national media hacks.

They just turned Davenports 5th year option into a signing bonus and a bunch of void years to save a bunch of money on the cap.  I didn't even know that was possible.  Somebody needs to reign these assholes in with how they manipulate things.  Either that or just let them keep going and hope one day they screw up and it bites them in the ass bigly. 

7 hours ago, BigDaddyPat65 said:

Just had to reset my password after years of lurking and reading simply to say, this BurnsChinn guy might be the single most annoying human I’ve ever seen (here and Twitter)… please just stop, I’m looking for updates not overreactions to every single tweet.

Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

4PM Tweet 

Report: Deshaun Watson has reached out to Tampa Bay this afternoon. Sources say he is interested in being the heir apparent in Tampa Bay. This has been confirmed by several TOP contacts within the organization. It was also noted by ESPN's  Shefty that TB is home of the most Massage Parlors in the US due to its retirement community.

• Poo 1

9 hours ago, joemac said:

They just turned Davenports 5th year option into a signing bonus and a bunch of void years to save a bunch of money on the cap.  I didn't even know that was possible.  Somebody needs to reign these assholes in with how they manipulate things.  Either that or just let them keep going and hope one day they screw up and it bites them in the ass bigly. 

New Orleans has always managed to do things with the salary cap that leaves you with a “how did they do that” question.